“Definitely Auburn's Best Mexican Restaurant”

El Dorado Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 222 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: Mexican
Auburn, Alabama
“Definitely Auburn's Best Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Reasonably priced, good service, wide menu, well-prepared food. Usually very busy around 6-7 pm, and the noise level is quite high when crowded.

Visited July 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“Indistinguishable from any other Mexican restaurant”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

You see one Mexican restaurant menu you’ve pretty much seen them all. El Dorado doesn’t stray too far from the norm, offering familiar combos, fajita platters and the usual tacos, burritos, enchiladas and nachos on an extensive menu. There seem to be a few more shrimp items than the usual Mexican restaurant. I had the Enchiladas Verde, four steak enchiladas with a sprinkle of cheese and salsa verde plus lettuce and sour cream. The salsa was perfect, slightly sour and piquant. Everyone enjoyed their food, but the shrimp over rice got special raves. Ice cream was served in a fried tortilla bowl sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. I tried a bite of the bowl and it was stale.

Service was more than adequate with just the slightest language barrier and food arrived promptly. El Dorado was more than adequate for our hungry tribe, nothing too special but no problems either.

• Visited July 2013
detroit, michigan
“Mexican Food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Had a discount posted on the sign to get the second meal at 20% discount. Glad we stopped in. Chips and salsa were great. Our food was very tasty and the service was fantastic. (even for a weekend night!) We have been back several times since and have no complaints.

Visited March 2013
Auburn
“Fresh Mexican fare, reasonably priced”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I am normally not a huge fan of Mexican food but the tacos that I had recently at El Dorado were very fresh and delicious. My husband and his cousin ordered larger dinners and both of them cleaned their plates. It happened to be our cousin's birthday and the restaurant comped a huge dessert, which was plenty for two or three people, and sang "Happy Birthday" to him. The food was so reasonably prices that my husband got the waiter to double check the bill to make sure we had not underpaid. I look forward to returning there with a group of my "girlfriends" for lunch next week.

• Visited June 2013
Bessemer, Alabama
“Felt like we were eating in Mexaco.”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I especially like mexican food and usually eat it when we travel. This trip was no exception and I'm glad we ate there. I ordered #24 with a side of beans and rice and I couldn't eat it all. Had to get a go box. We were traveling in our motorhome and I warmed it up later that night. It was just as good warmed up! Great food!

Visited May 2013