“Enjoyed lunch”

Cuisines: American
Montgomery, Alabama
“Enjoyed lunch”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I had a late lunch at KJ's while traveling through Auburn. Since it was mid afternoon, seating was not a problem. The waitress was very friendly and attentive and knowledgeable of the menu. I tried the lunch shrimp tacos which were very good. My waitress even got the kitchen to spice up the special sauce with little more kick for me. I topped off my lunch with Ryan's banana pudding. His version is a new take on an old favorite and is very good. I would definitely go back to KJs for lunch or dinner when in Auburn.

• Visited February 2013

“I liked it but my husband said it was just O.K.”
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

My in -laws were visiting and we decided on KJ's for some good seafood. It was my second time there and we chose to eat because my first experience had been pleasent. We arrived and were seated right away. The hostess was very friendly and welcoming. Our waitress, Leslie, whom my father-in-law kept calling Lucille, was very friendly and knowledgable about the menu. She provided great upbeat service and I highly recommend asking for her. Most of the servers there are college students but Auburn is a college town. They seem to be highly trained. My daughter and I shared 2 dishes. One appetizer called Ti-ger Shrimp which is the equlivent to Bonefishs bang bang shrimp but this is better. We also shared the dinner shrimp and grits. It was fabulous!! Blackened shrimp over cheese grits. It was HUGE!! The two of us could not finish it. My husband had grilled salmon with rice and it tasted good to me but he made the comment " it's just okay. I believe it has been frozen and microwaved." He is probably right because after all it is a fish camp 4 hours away from the ocean :) all in all, service was above expectations, and food was really good. The prices are right for the amount of food you get.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Alli G
“Great food, friendly people”
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Great experience. Good food, large portions, friendly staff. I had shrimp and they were two bite shrimp. Wife had a steak that was cooked to order and full of flavor. Nice place to eat. Casual and tasty!

• Visited July 2013
Wetumpka, Alabama
“Good food, good sevice”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

KJ's is a good place for seafood in Auburn, Al. Service is very good. Only negative is the food is a bit pricey for a college town. I will certainly return when in the area.

• Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
“Interesting Restaurant”
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

I had not had Creole Shrimp & Grits before, so this was a unique experience for me. Food was good, wait staff was friendly.

Visited May 2013