“Really Just a Bar”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Auburn, Alabama
“Really Just a Bar”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

As the title suggests, really just a bar in a college town. But nothing wrong with that! Has that "Colorado" feel with wooden booths and stools. If that is the vibe you are looking for, do drop in!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Johnny L

“Wonderful atmosphere, friendly service, outstanding food!”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I'm starting to think this good food heals the soul. It's a barbeque joint with a very nicely stacked bar. They keep a good selection of alcohol for the happy hour crowd. Lots of pretty girls there. Fun place, they do a lot of fish fries and crawfish boils. It's a good restaurant for families as well. As one comment said yes the bathrooms are a little rough, but I wouldn't let it detract from the food this place serves. The turnip greens/collard greens and corn bread are better than anywhere else I've eaten them. They do take-away buckets of pulled pork and sides. It's a wonderful place if you're looking for a filling meal and a cold beer, I can't help but recommend Moe's.
The whole menu is to die for. Pulled pork is juicy and never dry, the ribs are outstanding, the shrimp are plump and deep fried golden brown, even something so simple as the barbequed chicken breast was tasty! However, it's the side dishes these people create that are outta bounds! They do wonderful cole slaw, but the vegetables are amazing. They do a sauteed squash, which is glorious! Their greens beans are great, and the turnip/collard greens have a spicy kick to them. The cornbread is so soft and spongy. It's almost good enough to lay your head on to sleep like a pillow. I can't picture this spot going out of business with the way customers leave so happy!

• Visited April 2013
Marietta, Georgia
“Good Food, Bathrooms Filthy”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

As much as I like Moe's BBQ, especially the chicken sandwich and Mississippi Mud pie dessert, I have stopped eating in the restaurant because everytime I go to wash my hands, the bathrooms are always really dirty. Good for takeout only.

Visited March 2014
Cowarts, Alabama, United States
“Awesome RIBS and BBQ”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I were touring Auburn today and decided to eat at Moe's... Awesome idea. Their ribs are the BEST ribs we have ever eaten in our lives! No need for bbq sauce. I had the pulled bbq pork and it was also awesome. The baked beans and grits casserole have a lil bit of warmth to them but were excellent, also. The lady that took our order was most pleasant and explained to us how Toomers Corner was on a game day and afterwards. I am a Tiger and although my husband is a Elephant, he really enjoyed seeing the campus and everything in town that we were able to see. The weather had turned awfully chilly after the rain so we didn't get to tour much. BUT, we will be back in a few months and hopefully we will be able to tour and walk much more. Cannot wait!! :)

• Visited March 2014
Alabama
“Something for everyone”
Reviewed 30 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Moe's has great food and something for everyone. Different meat specials and veggies specials each day. The barbeque is great, but try the turkey. It is a bit spicy, but incredibly moist and tender. Lots of great sides like Baked beans, cheese grits, mac and cheese, squash casserole, and sweet potatoes.
Fried chicken on Sunday.