“Lunch was great”

Cuisines: American
Montgomery, Alabama
“Lunch was great”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I ate at Uptown Grill at lunch yesterday. My first visit there. There is a meat and vegetable special for lunch that is reasonably priced. My meal was fantastic. There were 5 in my group who are all accomplished cooks and we were all very happy with our meals. The service was efficient and friendly. I would go back any time.

• Visited July 2013

Auburn
“Good place for a meat-and-vegetables lunch”
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I went to Uptown with a group for lunch on the recommendation of one of the members of our group. The restaurant was attractively decorated but the food was decidedly average. I noticed a number of men having lunch there and think it would mainly appeal to men who like a hearty lunch. The ladies in our group were unimpressed with the exception of those who ordered the salmon salad. They didn't have enough printed (daily) menus for the group and the service was mediocre. We had to ask for dessert, which was included with the meat-and-vegetables plate. The price is right and if the food improves, it will become a popular lunch spot. Right now it still needs to improve in a number of areas.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank goodwaterbetty
Portland, Tennessee
“Trying, but not there yet.”
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We tried the restaurant for both lunch and dinner on a recent trip to Auburn. We really wanted to enjoy the restaurant because it is locally owned and operated. However, the menu needs some work. The food in the evening was particularly disappointing. We will give the restaurant one more try. I wish it success.

Visited November 2012
Opelika, Alabama
“Don't waste your time”
Reviewed 28 December 2012

My wife and I live in the Auburn area and we are always looking for new places to eat. We tried Uptown recently. It was a Friday night at about 7PM. We wondered why there were very few people there at that time. We soon found out. Everything we had was bland and just not very good. We will not be going back.

• Visited November 2012