“I LOVE a good pizza buffet.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Fairhope, Alabama
“I LOVE a good pizza buffet.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

I was so impressed with this place. I haven't been to a Shakey's in probably 35 years. It was nice and big and clean. Newer location. We arrived during the lunch rush and there was plenty of fresh pizzas on the line and a great variety, LOVED the mac and cheese. Usually buffet mac and cheese is gross, but this was homemade, the REAL DEAL and the BEST mac and cheese I have ever had in a restaurant. And I make homemade mac and cheese at home. Will DEFINITELY be returning when we are travelling this route. Price was good too!

• Visited August 2013

Wintrhop, United States
“A meal from memory lane”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

We no longer have Shakey's Pizza Parlors in MN. I always enjoyed the food when we had the location. We planned our stop in Opelika just so we could eat here. The stop was well worth it. The food was very good and the value was also good. We will plan a return stop to enjoy the good pizza and chicken.

Visited May 2013
Georgia
“Love their pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

Whenever we are in Auburn, we always go to Shakey's for pizza. I grew up with Shakey's in Honolulu and until this one opened in Auburn, it had been many, many years since I had a Shakey's. We always get the Shakey's special. It is a thin crust pizza with several toppings. We are heading back to Auburn this coming weekend and no matter what, we will have a Shakey's sometime while we are there even though we just had one the last time we were in Auburn a couple of weeks ago.

• Visited May 2013
Jefferson City, MO
“Kid friendly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

I want to eat lunch here the other day. It's a very kid friendly restaurant. The pizza buffet was very well laid out. However there was only one desert pizza on display. Salad bar had lots of good things on it.

Visited April 2013
New Castle, Indiana
“A trip down memory lane”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

Returning to metropolitan Atlanta GA after spending overnight in Mobile AL, my elderly father and I discovered this location off I-85. Having not dined at a Shakey's since the late 1970s in central Indiana, we were both curious to see if it was the same restaurant chain that we remembered. While the atmosphere is a little more contemporary than we remembered, it was in fact the same restaurant chain. We ordered and split a small firehouse pizza and it was delicious. While it was a little pricey for a 7" pizza, in our opinion, the quality and taste more than compensated. The staff was very friendly and we both enjoyed our visit. Thanks, Shakey's!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank irishslider

Been to Shakey's? Share your experiences!