“horrible pizza”

Cuisines: Pizza
Auburn, Alabama
“horrible pizza”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I was not impressed with pizza from shakey's today. I would have rather had a frozen tostinos pizza for less than $2 than this pizza. Then the kids buffet for a 9yr old was same price as an adults. Only good tasting thing was the fried chicken and then it was a disappointment when they never put out any white meat, and you could tell it was prebreaded. There were few tables of people when we came in, there were more tables with dishes on them than ones with people, and when we left all those tables still had dirty dishes on them, and the floor looked like it had not been cleaned in a while. I will not be making a return visit.

• Visited October 2013

Tallassee, Tennessee
“Terrible”
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

If I could give it less than one i would. The pizza was terrible. Will not be going there again. I should have suspected the meal would be contaminated after watching the help using their bare hands to handle food !
We had the meat pizza which was awful. If I was at home I would have thrown it to the dogs.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank tdbmdpa
Fairhope, Alabama
“I LOVE a good pizza buffet.”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I was so impressed with this place. I haven't been to a Shakey's in probably 35 years. It was nice and big and clean. Newer location. We arrived during the lunch rush and there was plenty of fresh pizzas on the line and a great variety, LOVED the mac and cheese. Usually buffet mac and cheese is gross, but this was homemade, the REAL DEAL and the BEST mac and cheese I have ever had in a restaurant. And I make homemade mac and cheese at home. Will DEFINITELY be returning when we are travelling this route. Price was good too!

• Visited August 2013
Wintrhop, United States
“A meal from memory lane”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We no longer have Shakey's Pizza Parlors in MN. I always enjoyed the food when we had the location. We planned our stop in Opelika just so we could eat here. The stop was well worth it. The food was very good and the value was also good. We will plan a return stop to enjoy the good pizza and chicken.

Visited May 2013
Georgia
“Love their pizza!”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Whenever we are in Auburn, we always go to Shakey's for pizza. I grew up with Shakey's in Honolulu and until this one opened in Auburn, it had been many, many years since I had a Shakey's. We always get the Shakey's special. It is a thin crust pizza with several toppings. We are heading back to Auburn this coming weekend and no matter what, we will have a Shakey's sometime while we are there even though we just had one the last time we were in Auburn a couple of weeks ago.

• Visited May 2013