“Casual Atmosphere, Fantastic Food!”
Review of Shrimp Basket

Shrimp Basket
Ranked #20 of 226 Restaurants in Auburn
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Our menu encompasses a great variety of original seafood and local favorites. Ranging from shrimp, fish, crab claws, and crawfish, we also provide po-boys, chicken, and sandwiches for land lovers. Don't forget about our specialty Roasted Red Pepper Bama Sauce over Fettuccine pasta! The goal at the Shrimp Basket is to provide enjoyable, affordable service to each and every one of our guests at whichever restaurant they choose to dine in. This is accomplished by our professional and well-trained staff working together to ensure that your memories are the best that they can be at the Shrimp Basket. It is no surprise that our popularity has magnified among locals and tourists alike as we continue to expand along the Gulf Coast. We are grillin', steamin', and fryin' for you!
Reviewed 23 June 2013

When we arrived, there was a wait. We waited outside on the porch with cooling mist-machines to keep people comfortable. We were seated and received excellent, quick service. We ordered the fried-pickle appetizer, which was hot and excellent. My children ordered a fried chicken basket and a fried catfish basket. I ordered a fried shrimp and scallop combo basket and my husband ordered a fried shrimp, scallop and catfish combo basket. We were all very pleased with the food. It was hot and tasted fresh. My husband loved the special hot sauce. Drink prices were reasonable, but the food prices are a little high. I didn't mind paying more, because I feel I was paying for fresh seafood. I am shocked by the poor reviews this place has received. We had a great experience and plan on returning soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

The location was good - the service was fast - so fast you realized it was all pre-made and thus explained why the food was not hot - not tasty - not good...
And if that is Gumbo - I am Sumbo!

Reviewed 16 June 2013

The shrimp was great. you have to taste the shrimp cole slaw which was a first for me. The kids menu had lots of choices. One of the best seafood places in Auburn.
Kids Menu:
5 out of 5 for variety and seafood choices

Reviewed 5 June 2013

I’ve been to this restaurant at least once a week since it opened. I had been going on Tuesdays for the $.35 raw oyster special. I have tried other menu offerings that were just average; it is the best seafood restaurant in Auburn but considering what they are competing against that is no major accomplishment. The food is way over priced for the area. The raw oysters at first were amazing, but which each visit the quality fell. It became apparent that the people opening them were not experienced in doing so. Opening oysters is a type of art. If you are not skilled at it your patrons will be eating shell and waiting a long time. My last visit was the final straw. Every bite of oyster was chocked full of oyster shell. I was expecting this when I heard and saw the guy opening them banging away at them like he was trying to open them with a rock. The oysters I received were also in a dark liquid and smelled like the floor of the ocean. Those factors coupled with the fact that they jacked the price up to $.47/ per raw oyster was enough for me to no longer frequent this establishment. I know I’m not alone in Auburn natives that are disappointed and fed up with this restaurant antics; I could go on about the decreasing service and other things but I will keep it short. I want this restaurant to succeed, but if they do not get their act together they will meet the same fate that every other restaurant in this location has met.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I had read reviews about the Shrimp Basket and was leery, but my wife had eaten there at lunch and thought it was decent - of course, her lunch is paid for by work, so that changes things. Basically, I think it is Captain D's level seafood with a 50% markup. Service was slow. Gumbo was average, but tepid temperature wise and a bit watery. Will grant that the water was good and lots of places don't have decent filtered water. Shrimp were small as noted elsewhere and nothing special. Fries were not quite atrocious, but had been sitting around for a while. My wife liked her shrimp Po'boy, but it was nothing better than you could get at Popeye's, but at a far higher price.