“Soso”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This restaurant used to be Provinos and essentially is the same. Same menu, same food, same atmosphere. We come here maybe once or twice a year and enjoy it. My only complaint, and it is serious is that the food is only so so. Everything else is above average; however if good Italian food is your thing this might not be the place for you

1  Thank Ken M

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I really enjoyed our dining experience here. Food, service, ambiance all exceeded my expectations. The restaurant is new and well decorated. it offers both large or intimate spaces. The layout and decor is ideal for all types of occasions- dates, girl's nite out, large/small family gatherings, parties, business meetings, functions, etc.... Food is authentic home style italian. Portions are generous. Everyone remarked how delicious their entree and dessert was. If you visit Auburn, then you definitely need to eat here!!!! BTW, the restaurant is located approx 7 minutes outside of downtown, close to the interstate, near the Hilton. We will definitely return!

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Our family and friends had an enjoyable dinner. Our server Kalyn was excellent. The food was quite good and reasonably priced. Save room for dessert. The cheesecake with strawberries was outstanding. We will be back.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I was very impressed with Venditori's Italian Restaurant in Auburn, AL. There is no better first impression than a smiling, welcoming owner who greets you upon entry. The overall experience was so excellent, I made a reservation to return with friends/family within the week. The server, Haley, was an absolute angel. She gave me insights on the restaurant, menu, drink and food selections. Her personality and enthusiasm set the tone for the meal. The atmosphere is very quaint and romantic. You get different auras depending on the room you are seated, but each leaves you with a feeling of home and comfort. It feels like you are in Italy or certainly somewhere outside the realms of Alabama. Each person seemed to have been instilled with the inspiration of this family whom started the establishment 20 or so years ago. The attitude and excitement translates from the owners to each of the employees. The menu is expansive and affordable. This is an ideal spot for romance, a family outing, or a large group setting. You may get consistency with a chain restaurant, but you will never find matching service, food, or value in my opinion. The garlic rolls were delightful. Each flavor I sampled here was a perfect blend of flavor without being overwhelming. I don't know how to describe something perfectly centered between overwhelmingly flavorful and bland. The perfect example is their signature salad. It has everything you dream of in a salad, including mushrooms, cheese, and garbanzos. The dressing is out of this world. All I can say is that the House Italian is like a taste sensation without the overwhelming zest of a typical Italian dressing. While the menu offers multiple pasta and seafood dishes, nobody should be able to say they cannot find many favorites. For my trip, I tried the Fettuccini Carbonara. It was very tasty but again not overwhelmingly rich or sweet. The flavor was excellent with the pancetta feverishly gripping every single bite. I cannot say I could be more impressed with a new place. This will be a mainstay upon travels in the area. If you stay in Auburn, please eat here. I doubt you will ever regret it. If you are smart, ask for a server like Haley who will make your experience ever more pleasant. Bon Appetit.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Good food. Great selection. Staff couldn't of been any friendlier. Decor is a little dated but you're not going there to eat the chairs.