“Terrible Experience!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse, Sushi
Auburn, Alabama
“Terrible Experience!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

First,let me ask that u plz read this whole review. The restaurant was nasty! Our feet actually stuck to the floors because they were so sticky! So much so that I actually walked out of my shoe and almost fell! The counter/eating surface around the grill and the chairs were equally as sticky! When I complained, the waitress rtnd only to wipe them w a dirty dish cloth and seemed irritated that I had complained. After the long wait, our chef was great! He was very friendly,funny and good. The food turned out to be very good with the exception of the over cooked steak. The silverware was dirty and the waitress never rtnd to clear the salad and soup dishes either. After all of this we were shocked when we rcvd our bill! We were charged 18% gratuity even tho we only had 4 people on our check. When I asked the waitress why she sd it was b/c we had been part of a gathering w two other couples. She was very very rude and short and told me to go see the "manager". The "manager" was completely unhelpful saying that she didn't have the authority to change/remove anything from the bill and that if she did remove/change anything that she would "be in big trouble w her cook and waitress"! What a "manager"! While I don't mind tipping well, this was especially ridiculous considering the experience we had had. Needless to say, we won't be returning and would not recommend this to anyone!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Fosterfamily4

Auburn, Alabama
“Better Japanese in the mall across the street”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

I have been to my fair share of Japanese restaurants like this, but by far this was the worst. This is one of those places where you have a table around the grill and the chef entertains with their skills. Our dude was terrible!!! messed up every single trick, and the food was terrible. It seemed like they just grabbed a guy off the street and told him to spray soy sauce on everything. Way too salty. When the bill came I was mad as hell!!! The Japanese restaurant (Teppanaki) in the mall is so much better, and half as expensive.

• Visited October 2011
Alexander City
“Disaster experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

Cleanliness of area poor, we noted our feet would stick to the floor. Food quality poor, oily and overseasoned. Service poor, dirty soup and salad bowl left on table the entire dinner, had to wait for tea refill, had to get up and go find someone to get credit card back and leave. I have been eating at Japanese restaurants for years. I'm very glad this wasn't my first experience at one of these or I wouldn't ever go back.

• Visited January 2012
Jefferson City, MO
“Great Japanese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

Hope you don't mind waiting a little while. The food here is worth the wait, but you'll definitely wait a few minutes for a table. And then you'll wait a while more for the chef. Don't go there if you're in a hurry, but if you want a leisurely meal with great japanese food, you'll have gone to the right place.

Visited July 2011
Jacksonville, Alabama
“Amazing place for sushi...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2008

Amazing place for sushi. I had a very pleasant experience there for lunch. Friendly service and tasty sushi!

1 Thank ddkey