“Had to laugh...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Auburn
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Auburn
“Had to laugh...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

We have stayed at a Microtel before and we compared it to IKEA. Everything is minimal but cheap. We were on a college tour so we chose a hotel near I-85. This is a very small hotel. We were put in a room right off the lobby but we didn't think that was a problem. Most hotel guests complain about other guests being loud. But our problem was that the manager (or owner) and his wife were actually having a fight in the lobby! Now it was not late, only 9:00 pm when it started and we were still watching TV. At first, my daughter knocked on the inside of our door so that they could hear it. Second, I walked out and went to get ice presumably, so that I could see if they were actually behind the door of the office. No, they were not even behind the desk but about 12 feet from our door. Finally, at 10:00 pm, I opened the door and explained that I was ready to go to bed. They apologized and I think they were embarrassed but I can't help thinking it was funny that we're always bothered by other guests but this time, it was the manager!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jbssully

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Moorhead, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2011

Simply put: NEVER AGAIN! I will not be staying here again! I'm certainly glad I didn't pay full price for my stay here. The only reason I stayed here is because it's closer to my bf who attends a university not too far from the area. I didn't even stay the entire duration, I had to leave. For the first three days, this hotel didn't even have hot water! No hot water for 3 days?! That was ridiculous! It's bad enough the rooms were small, it could have at least been clean and comfortable. Management of this hotel has definitely got to step it up! Amenities are outdated and there wasn't even a proper breakfast area. For breakfast there were 2 tables against the wall in the lobby and they served cereal, juice and coffee :( RIDICULOUS! This hotel stay was far below my standards. I stayed at the Microtel in Opelika previously and should have gone back there! If it weren't for me trying to stay closer to my bf I most def would have left as soon as I stepped foot in the lobby *ick* Needless to say, I didn't stay the whole time anyway; couldn't take it anymore. I will NEVER compromise my level of comfort again! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY I DON'T CARE HOW DEEP THE DISCOUNT IS! If you want comfort and good value for your money stay at the Microtel Inn & Suites in Opelika....NOT AUBURN!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bryant-brady

Travellers are raving about these Auburn hotels

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2011

Our room wasn't ready when we got there because they had been full the night before. We had to wait about 45 minutes, but the room was clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly and accomodating. My only "complaint' is that the TV was mounted too high to watch in comfort. There was no hot food for breakfast, but it's a budget hotel and I thought we got what we paid for, and that's all I ask. This hotel is near the Interstate, but if you're there to tour Auburn University, there are hotels closer to campus.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2010

The Microtel Inn in Auburn is a great place to visit and was reasonably priced. The hotel was very clean, the customer service was very efficient and they cared about the guest who was spending the night there. Although the rooms just had the basic features to a hotel room, the rooms did offer a small refrigerator and a safe. The breakfast was good and they offered cereal, juice, coffee, bagels, pastries and fruit. The hotel is located close to the highway and is about ten minutes away from Auburn University and there are shops and restaurants close by on College Street. I would recommend this hotel because the rooms are reasonably priced and the hotel was very quiet and I did not have to worry about being disrupted.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
North Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2010

This Microtell is not fancy but is a great place for a good, clean, new place for relatively little money. The rooms are pretty small but so is the price.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Attleboro, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2010

This Microtel has the traditional, comfy Microtel window seat. One wall was all mirrors, giving the room a larger feel. We had 2 queen beds instead of tiny double ones with a microfridge in the room. Everything was clean and well maintained - no problems. There's no guest laundry in the hotel but they said that there is a laundromat 3 miles away.
Breakfast was a bit meager: bagels, bananas & apples, wrapped Danish, cold cereal, juice, and coffee.
This is a pet-friendly hotel for $10/night extra for pets under 25 pounds.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
Cartersville, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2009

I made reservations online in March for June 24 and 25. We were in Auburn for my son's freshman orientation. I wanted to make sure it was okay to check in around 9 PM (even though I had it reserved with a credit card) so I called the front desk at 1:40 PM (time call was placed from my cell) to let them know that I was going to be late checking in and to make sure they didn't give my room away. I was assured it was okay. Well we got there around 9 PM and the lady at the front desk was having trouble finding my room...while I was standing there for 15 minutes a couple came up to the desk and said the key she had given them opened the door but someone was in the room. They were a little upset and she apologized to them and gave them another room. She then discovered that she didn't have anything but a smoking room left (I had reserved a non-smoking). I checked it out and knew I would be sick if I spent the night in the room. She called across the street and got us another room (at a higher price) and assured me that I would have the room the next night. I went ahead and agreed to come back because I wasn't sure what I else I could get at the last minute with hundreds of people being in town for the Auburn event. I was so mad that I called the next morning to talk with the manager. I told her the least they could do was make up the difference for the extra I had to pay for other hotel room. She said the manager would call me. Well he didn't but she called me back and said he was going to take $14 off the cost of the room for Friday night....which was not worth what I had to go through. I was not that impressed with the room. The window seat was cute but it had dirty places on it. The toilet was stopped up and I had to call to get a plunger. The front desk help at night was very nice but the management of the place needs to improve. My son is just starting college in Auburn but I'm looking for another hotel to stay at when I'm in town.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple