“Great Place for the Money!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Auburn
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Auburn
Columbus, Ohio
“Great Place for the Money!”
Reviewed 17 April 2011

We were in town for a college visit, and hotels in the area can be pricey. We booked this one through hotels.com, where we requested 2 queen beds. Apparently, booking through a broker did not guarantee this! The clerk was more than happy to switch us to the room we actually wanted. The room had recently been updated, so it was much nicer than your typical Microtel. I really felt like it was closer in quality to a Marriott.

Building access was super-convenient. We could park right outside the side door and get to our room quickly. The breakfast is mediocre, but there was enough to tide us over. Since our son has decided to attend Auburn, we will be staying here quite a lot!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 28 March 2011

We have stayed at a Microtel before and we compared it to IKEA. Everything is minimal but cheap. We were on a college tour so we chose a hotel near I-85. This is a very small hotel. We were put in a room right off the lobby but we didn't think that was a problem. Most hotel guests complain about other guests being loud. But our problem was that the manager (or owner) and his wife were actually having a fight in the lobby! Now it was not late, only 9:00 pm when it started and we were still watching TV. At first, my daughter knocked on the inside of our door so that they could hear it. Second, I walked out and went to get ice presumably, so that I could see if they were actually behind the door of the office. No, they were not even behind the desk but about 12 feet from our door. Finally, at 10:00 pm, I opened the door and explained that I was ready to go to bed. They apologized and I think they were embarrassed but I can't help thinking it was funny that we're always bothered by other guests but this time, it was the manager!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jbssully
Moorhead, Mississippi
Reviewed 20 March 2011

Simply put: NEVER AGAIN! I will not be staying here again! I'm certainly glad I didn't pay full price for my stay here. The only reason I stayed here is because it's closer to my bf who attends a university not too far from the area. I didn't even stay the entire duration, I had to leave. For the first three days, this hotel didn't even have hot water! No hot water for 3 days?! That was ridiculous! It's bad enough the rooms were small, it could have at least been clean and comfortable. Management of this hotel has definitely got to step it up! Amenities are outdated and there wasn't even a proper breakfast area. For breakfast there were 2 tables against the wall in the lobby and they served cereal, juice and coffee :( RIDICULOUS! This hotel stay was far below my standards. I stayed at the Microtel in Opelika previously and should have gone back there! If it weren't for me trying to stay closer to my bf I most def would have left as soon as I stepped foot in the lobby *ick* Needless to say, I didn't stay the whole time anyway; couldn't take it anymore. I will NEVER compromise my level of comfort again! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY I DON'T CARE HOW DEEP THE DISCOUNT IS! If you want comfort and good value for your money stay at the Microtel Inn & Suites in Opelika....NOT AUBURN!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bryant-brady

Travellers are raving about these Auburn hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 27 January 2011

Our room wasn't ready when we got there because they had been full the night before. We had to wait about 45 minutes, but the room was clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly and accomodating. My only "complaint' is that the TV was mounted too high to watch in comfort. There was no hot food for breakfast, but it's a budget hotel and I thought we got what we paid for, and that's all I ask. This hotel is near the Interstate, but if you're there to tour Auburn University, there are hotels closer to campus.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 August 2010

The Microtel Inn in Auburn is a great place to visit and was reasonably priced. The hotel was very clean, the customer service was very efficient and they cared about the guest who was spending the night there. Although the rooms just had the basic features to a hotel room, the rooms did offer a small refrigerator and a safe. The breakfast was good and they offered cereal, juice, coffee, bagels, pastries and fruit. The hotel is located close to the highway and is about ten minutes away from Auburn University and there are shops and restaurants close by on College Street. I would recommend this hotel because the rooms are reasonably priced and the hotel was very quiet and I did not have to worry about being disrupted.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
North Alabama
Reviewed 9 April 2010

This Microtell is not fancy but is a great place for a good, clean, new place for relatively little money. The rooms are pretty small but so is the price.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Attleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 March 2010

This Microtel has the traditional, comfy Microtel window seat. One wall was all mirrors, giving the room a larger feel. We had 2 queen beds instead of tiny double ones with a microfridge in the room. Everything was clean and well maintained - no problems. There's no guest laundry in the hotel but they said that there is a laundromat 3 miles away.
Breakfast was a bit meager: bagels, bananas & apples, wrapped Danish, cold cereal, juice, and coffee.
This is a pet-friendly hotel for $10/night extra for pets under 25 pounds.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends