“Excellent Room for the Price”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Auburn
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 22 July 2008

Very nice staff. Nice, clean, comfortable rooms. I love the cute little window seat, great touch. Comfortable beds. Not a thing to complain about. Super value. This was our second time staying there and will be booking a couple of rooms there again when we visit in the fall. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 June 2008

Stayed at the hotel on a non-football weekend. The manager (seemed like the owner) would not give a AAA rate even though there are AAA plaques etc. all over the lobby. Should have left but I was quoted a $59 regular rate for a non-smoking room which I accepted. After a brief search the owner/manager didn't have a non-smoking double bed room but had a non-smoking suite (an uneeded sink, stove and pullout). He didn't re-quote a different price so I assumed the price didn't change. Found out next morning the price was different ($15 more) and the same owner/manager was present and seemed amused at my dismay. He was unwilling to adjust price.

• Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank Gator117
Reviewed 23 April 2008

My daughter and I spent one night here when we went to Auburn for her Freshman orientation, a friend recommended this hotel to us so I booked it based on her recommendation and the location. We stayed in a queen suite that was very, very, clean and very roomy. I will definitely stay here again every time I go to Auburn and will recommend it to anyone.

Pros: New hotel, very clean, comfortable bed, roomy suite, inexpensive: $85 for queen suite, wifi available, convenient to the interstate and Auburn University.

Cons: Small hotel, 2 floors and no elevator, very small parking lot, you might have a hike to your room because there are only 10-12 parking spaces near the building, the rest are behind the building.

Tip: Book your room well in advance if you plan to be in Auburn during football season for a reason other than football. Auburn is a very small town and there are not a lot of hotels.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed 12 November 2007

We stayed at the Microtel for one night on a non football weekend. Hotel is just off the interstate in a quiet area. Lots of restaurants nearby, Super Walmart 2 minutes away. Room is small, like a cruise ship, but gives you everything you need. It is a good value for the price, we would stay here again if we were just passing through for a night.

Stayed: November 2007
2  Thank AU-GNV-FL
Reviewed 5 September 2007

Admittedly, I arrived at the Micro-Tel in Auburn with high expectations, having just had a wonderful experience the previous two nights in the much newer Micro-Tel in Columbus, GA.

But, then again, seeing another person's wash rag hanging over the shower curtain, and their hair on both the bedding and in the bathroom, is unacceptable to me. Also, I set the A/C at the lowest setting, and I still found the room stuffy at best.

I talked with owner briefly the next morning, when I was checking-out; he listened to me, but I could tell that he just didn't get what I was saying - in fact, he seems to openly defy the Micro-Tel new bedding standard of turning over the sheet so that the guest's face doesn't touch the bedding that isn't washed between customers. He seems to prefer the old bedding, yuck!

FYI, I only stayed in Columbus (a 50 minute drive) the previous two nights because I didn't want to pay the extra $100 to stay in Auburn on a football weekend. But, because this Micro-Tel had charged an extra $100 a night the previous two nights, I hoped that they would use the extra money to hire extra help in cleaning the rooms after a high-volume, high-impact weekend; evidently, not - the environment appeared worn.

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank Lite-Traveler11
Reviewed 22 August 2007

This is the best thing going in Auburn during and outside of football season. It is a new establishment and very clean. You have a TV, microwave and iron in every room. It is owned and operated by Mr. P, a very personable gentleman. It is conviniently located directly of off exit 51 across the street from waffle house and within walking distance to Wal-Mart. Nothing but good things to say and NOOOOO Mr. P is not a relative... lol...

Carlos "DIBB$" Luckerson

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank clucky1911
A TripAdvisor Member
Anderson, SC
Reviewed 19 June 2006

This was a very pleasant place to stay. My cell phone was on roam, so free long distance was very much appreciated. The staff were very pleasant and friendly. The beds were comfortable. Nice, clean place. I highly recommend this place when you're checking out Auburn University.

Stayed: June 2006