“Nice hotel but not much for breakfast” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Auburn

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Auburn
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Auburn
Attleboro, Massachusetts
“Nice hotel but not much for breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2010

This Microtel has the traditional, comfy Microtel window seat. One wall was all mirrors, giving the room a larger feel. We had 2 queen beds instead of tiny double ones with a microfridge in the room. Everything was clean and well maintained - no problems. There's no guest laundry in the hotel but they said that there is a laundromat 3 miles away.
Breakfast was a bit meager: bagels, bananas & apples, wrapped Danish, cold cereal, juice, and coffee.
This is a pet-friendly hotel for $10/night extra for pets under 25 pounds.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cartersville, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2009

I made reservations online in March for June 24 and 25. We were in Auburn for my son's freshman orientation. I wanted to make sure it was okay to check in around 9 PM (even though I had it reserved with a credit card) so I called the front desk at 1:40 PM (time call was placed from my cell) to let them know that I was going to be late checking in and to make sure they didn't give my room away. I was assured it was okay. Well we got there around 9 PM and the lady at the front desk was having trouble finding my room...while I was standing there for 15 minutes a couple came up to the desk and said the key she had given them opened the door but someone was in the room. They were a little upset and she apologized to them and gave them another room. She then discovered that she didn't have anything but a smoking room left (I had reserved a non-smoking). I checked it out and knew I would be sick if I spent the night in the room. She called across the street and got us another room (at a higher price) and assured me that I would have the room the next night. I went ahead and agreed to come back because I wasn't sure what I else I could get at the last minute with hundreds of people being in town for the Auburn event. I was so mad that I called the next morning to talk with the manager. I told her the least they could do was make up the difference for the extra I had to pay for other hotel room. She said the manager would call me. Well he didn't but she called me back and said he was going to take $14 off the cost of the room for Friday night....which was not worth what I had to go through. I was not that impressed with the room. The window seat was cute but it had dirty places on it. The toilet was stopped up and I had to call to get a plunger. The front desk help at night was very nice but the management of the place needs to improve. My son is just starting college in Auburn but I'm looking for another hotel to stay at when I'm in town.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank McShell

Travellers are raving about these Auburn hotels

Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2009

I can recommend this hotel as a good place to stay if you're looking for affordable, clean, no-frills, pet-friendly accomodations.

As has been stated in other reviews, the rooms are small and the parking is tight. But everything was clean and in working order. I reserved online through the chain's web site, and there were no surprises related to room availability or billing. The Internet access worked without problem.

For dog owners, the location is convenient to a relatively quite research park with sidewalks and large grassy areas that can be reached without having to cross a busy highway. Worked out well for morning walks.

I stayed for three nights and was comfortable the entire time.

• Liked — Price, cleanliness, Internet access, pet policy
  • Disliked — Small room size, limited parking near the front door, uncomfortable chair
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
Nashville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2008

Very nice staff. Nice, clean, comfortable rooms. I love the cute little window seat, great touch. Comfortable beds. Not a thing to complain about. Super value. This was our second time staying there and will be booking a couple of rooms there again when we visit in the fall. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tallahassee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2008

Stayed at the hotel on a non-football weekend. The manager (seemed like the owner) would not give a AAA rate even though there are AAA plaques etc. all over the lobby. Should have left but I was quoted a $59 regular rate for a non-smoking room which I accepted. After a brief search the owner/manager didn't have a non-smoking double bed room but had a non-smoking suite (an uneeded sink, stove and pullout). He didn't re-quote a different price so I assumed the price didn't change. Found out next morning the price was different ($15 more) and the same owner/manager was present and seemed amused at my dismay. He was unwilling to adjust price.

• Stayed June 2008
1 Thank Gator117
Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2008

My daughter and I spent one night here when we went to Auburn for her Freshman orientation, a friend recommended this hotel to us so I booked it based on her recommendation and the location. We stayed in a queen suite that was very, very, clean and very roomy. I will definitely stay here again every time I go to Auburn and will recommend it to anyone.

Pros: New hotel, very clean, comfortable bed, roomy suite, inexpensive: $85 for queen suite, wifi available, convenient to the interstate and Auburn University.

Cons: Small hotel, 2 floors and no elevator, very small parking lot, you might have a hike to your room because there are only 10-12 parking spaces near the building, the rest are behind the building.

Tip: Book your room well in advance if you plan to be in Auburn during football season for a reason other than football. Auburn is a very small town and there are not a lot of hotels.

Stayed April 2008
Gainesville, Fl
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2007

We stayed at the Microtel for one night on a non football weekend. Hotel is just off the interstate in a quiet area. Lots of restaurants nearby, Super Walmart 2 minutes away. Room is small, like a cruise ship, but gives you everything you need. It is a good value for the price, we would stay here again if we were just passing through for a night.

Stayed November 2007