“Return to Vietnam” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly
Millbrook, Alabama
“Return to Vietnam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have been to Vietnam 4 times and have eaten at many Vietnamese restaurants in the United States and I have to put this one among the best! The pho was excellent as was the vermicelli. The fried spring rolls were great too. The owner stopped by the table several times and he was friendly and gracious.

• Visited June 2014

Auburn, Alabama
“Finally a Vietnamese Restaurant in town!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I have been here four times. I must say my favorite will be their specialty Pho soup which is also known as Vietnamese beef noodle soup. The soup comes in large or extra large soup ball. I usually get the extra large since I love putting a lot of herbs and bean sprouts in my soup. The soup is actually rather bland but if you add all those herbs, lime and hot sauce, it can be really yummy!:-). Some of their main dishes come in small portion. I feel like in order to feel full, you have to order the appetizers as well. I would definitely be back!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jo M
Auburn
“Pho in Auburn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This place is certainly worth checking out. I recommend ordering the house Pho, or the vermicelli bowl - they're both great! The service can be slow when they're busy, but just be patient - it's worth the wait.

Visited May 2014
Winchester VA
“Honest Bowl of Soup”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had a pleasant lunch at this new restaurant. Because it is a pho restaurant, I had a bowl of pho which was pretty much as expected. I enjoyed that the subtle broth was fresh and clearly house made. As a professional chef who spends countless hours making my own pho broth, I appreciate it when others go to as much or more care. After lunch, chef/owner Lee came out to introduce himself and we swapped procedures for making the broth. It is clear that he is passionate about delivering an honest product.

As for the prior reviewer who claims that pho broth is always highly flavored, I say he missed the point entirely of the subtle nature of Lee's pho broth. To merit a 5-star rating, I would have liked a bit more depth of flavor, but pho broth is not supposed to be the sledgehammer to the palate that this reviewer is seeking; you are supposed to appreciate the nuanced layers of flavor.

• Visited May 2014
Auburn, Alabama
“Taste like Vietnamese food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I grew up with Vietnamese friend and I am a huge fan of Vietnamese food. When I saw this new restaurant I was afraid that the food will be adapted for american taste like it happen for other Asian food. I was very surprised and delight that the food tasted almost like I remember having with my friend. I would recommend this restaurant for the people that want to discover this type of food. I was also surprised that the interior decoration is not at all Vietnamese but modern with a very few touch of Asian decoration.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Djassfr

Been to Pho Lee? Share your experiences!