“Best Hotel in the area for the price”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Auburn
Hiram, Georgia
“Best Hotel in the area for the price”
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I have stayed at both the Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn in Auburn, they were both sold out so I decided to try the Sleep Inn. Wow, what a pleasant surprise! The accomodations are as good as the Holiday Inn & Hampton Inn and the service is exceptional. The desk clerk who checked me in, Diamond, was so pleasant and accomodating she made me feel like I was a VIP; but all the staff at the hotel are very friendly too. I travel to Auburn a couple of times a month for business and know where I will be staying from now on.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Bo S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Purchased a Suite with King size bed NON smoking. Received a dirty non suite smoking queen size bed! The hotel attendant said there was nothing she could do and "we can't give you another person's room because it would be unfair to the guest who made reservations." I made reservations and they didn't honor them! They offered no refund or consideration of any kind. There was no manager on duty. The front desk attendant customer service was pathetic. She said she was about to get off and if I called down and spoke to the next person on duty "he would be rude to you I can tell."

This is a 2 star hotel but charged $179.50 a night! We were treated like garbage by this hotel. Why in the world are people giving them 4 and 5 star reviews? Did you not notice the stains on the floor and lamp shades? Did you not see how dirty the rooms are?

I have stayed at 5 star hotels for less than I paid for this Bates Motel like experience. I would sooner sleep in my car than sleep at this trashy hotel again. Just to drive home the point here...my wife was ready to slap the hotel attendant on duty the night we checked into the hotel. There literally looked like there was a crime scene in my hotel room!

Room Tip: Sleep in your car !
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Steve M
Phil T, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
We love our guests and our goal is always 100% satisfaction! We attempted to correct all of their concerns and come to an amiable solution, but despite our best efforts there was no way of making conciliation of this guest.
Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I've only stayed here once. The staff made me and my wife feel like we own the place. They went above and beyond. I am terrible with names, but three people that worked morning/night of I think 2nd in August.

We checked in slightly earlier than check-in time, so when we got in room, the pillows still did not have covers. I told the housekeeper on the floor, we work in hotels so I told her it'd be fine just to get me the cases. She had a very happy attitude and came in and put them in for us.

Breakfast was above average.

Room was nice and comfy and clean.

Everything worked.

If you find yourself needing a place to stay in Auburn, don't hesitate on it being here.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My daughter stayed for one night before moving into her apartment, and everything worked out well. She indicated the room was comfortable, she had no problems finding it, checking in or out. Rate was reasonable. Reviews were pretty good for a "value" hotel, and her stay indicated they were correct.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 July 2012

If there weren't the sweetest people at the desk then this place would be considered a dump. SERIOUSLY, the rooms need extreme renovations (lampshades, blinds, comforters, molding, etc.). So my family and I drove in for a large tournament and on Friday at check-in we were greeted by a clerk who informed us that our room was not ready and that it should be completed soon but that the housekeepers were working behind because of the "maintenance of the elevator." Ohh no problem, we'll just wait a few more minutes, maybe head to lunch and come back within an hour right? Wrong!

When we came back, we noticed the elevator was STILL out of order and there was a sign listed on it that said so. How does this help us when my 79 year old mother is with me and my husband to see her 1st grandchild play ball. After we made it up the stairs, we got to our room which smelled of smoke and musk. Had the room been cleaned like the lady said? We reported the issue to the desk and almost an hour later a housekeeper came in to spray and deoderize the room...no luck! When we turned on the tv, it was a black screen...count it... 1. room not ready at check in time, 2. elevator broken, 3. tv broken...and its not over yet!

We reported this to the desk and they offered to move us, we actually considered it too until we were reminded that the elevator was broken and that our bags would need to be holstered up and down stairs until we found a nicer room. That night as we flopped into the lobby after my son's last game, I overheard other guests complain about the same issues but also how the internet and cable had been out for several hours all morning. As I asked the guest when they were leaving-they replied "not soon enough!" Yeah I think that about sums it up...one issue after another and I have to pay you? NEVER AGAIN!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This is a great place to stay whether on business or for a game. The staff is friendly and helpful. Special thanks to Robert the night clerk. He pointed out places of interest and a few good restaurants nearby. When we had a slight problem he took care of it immediately.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Let me start this review by saying that the staff at this hotel was excellent. Very friendly and I enjoyed talking to them. We didn't have any problems in that category.
The problem with this hotel is that it is NOT CLEAN. The room size was large. The regular bed was decent, but the sleep sofa was the worst we've had. When you need to use one you'd like to be able to sleep on it. We went to Walmart and bought an air mattress for the additional three days we were going to be there. The bedding was thin as was the towels. They need to invest in a rug scrubber and some new linens.
The location was great for going to and from the campus. It is right off the highway when you are coming from the Atlanta airport. It took us approx. 90 minutes to drive to/from airport.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family