“Good value for a chain hotel”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Auburn
Florida
“Good value for a chain hotel”
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Stayed here while accompanying my daughter to a Veterinary school interview at University of Auburn.

Obviously it's a chain, but seems to be in good order for that category.

Check in etc was smooth; no problems with the room.

The price was quite reasonable, and the heated indoor pool was a nice plus: definitely a hit with my daughter and her boyfriend.

Would certainly use this place again for future trips to the area.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Tim S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
We at the Sleep Inn & Suites want to thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripAdvisor. We value you as a guest and hope your daughter's Veterinary School interview went well. The next time you're in Auburn, please come back and stay with us,we want this to be your home away from home. Again thank you and have a great week.

Tim Stanley,CHA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Southern U.S.
Reviewed 4 January 2013

The good: conveniently located off the interstate and a short drive to a few restaurants

The bad: badly worn furniture in the lobby with torn and dirty fabric; room had foul, sour odor; totally unacceptable breakfast with apple juice that was more water than juice, lukewarm coffee that we had to ask for because there was none when breakfast hours weren't even half over, a hot breakfast was advertised, but there was nothing hot, and there was NO fruit; tear in comforter on bed, and toilet paper holder was broken

*****All of the things in disrepair send up a red flag. This hotel needs some items replaced and some TLC.

The best: Diamond was working the front desk when we checked in, and she was super sweet and friendly. She was truly the best thing about this hotel. If not for her, I would have given this hotel 2 stars.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ASouthernBelle
Tim S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Dear Valued Guest;

We want to thank you for staying with us at the Sleep Inn & Suites. We value you as a guest and want to apologize for the issues you had with your room and breakfast experience. We are in the process of renovation and want you to come back and stay with us for a FREE NIGHT! Call me in advance at 334-501-3300 to make your reservation, again thank you and we are very sorry.

Tim Stanley
Henagar, Alabama
Reviewed 20 November 2012

My family of 5 stayed in this hotel for an Auburn University football game weekend. The room was expensive, but was much cheaper than comparible rooms in the area. We stayed in a double queen bed suite with a sleeper sofa. The room was comfortable and clean with a desk and mini-fridge. We could not find linens for the sleeper sofa so I called the front desk and they appoligized and delivered them to my room in only a few minutes. This property is very near the interstate at exit 51, but we did not hear any highway noise inside our room. The breakfast was above average for this class of hotel and the staff kept everything well stocked and was very helpful. I will definitly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Tim S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 26 December 2012
We at the Sleep Inn & Suites value you and your family as guest and want to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. Our goal is to "WOW" you each and every visit , and if we want don't we failed you. Again, thank and have a blessed week.

Tim Stanley
Hiram, Georgia
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I have stayed at both the Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn in Auburn, they were both sold out so I decided to try the Sleep Inn. Wow, what a pleasant surprise! The accomodations are as good as the Holiday Inn & Hampton Inn and the service is exceptional. The desk clerk who checked me in, Diamond, was so pleasant and accomodating she made me feel like I was a VIP; but all the staff at the hotel are very friendly too. I travel to Auburn a couple of times a month for business and know where I will be staying from now on.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Bo S
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Purchased a Suite with King size bed NON smoking. Received a dirty non suite smoking queen size bed! The hotel attendant said there was nothing she could do and "we can't give you another person's room because it would be unfair to the guest who made reservations." I made reservations and they didn't honor them! They offered no refund or consideration of any kind. There was no manager on duty. The front desk attendant customer service was pathetic. She said she was about to get off and if I called down and spoke to the next person on duty "he would be rude to you I can tell."

This is a 2 star hotel but charged $179.50 a night! We were treated like garbage by this hotel. Why in the world are people giving them 4 and 5 star reviews? Did you not notice the stains on the floor and lamp shades? Did you not see how dirty the rooms are?

I have stayed at 5 star hotels for less than I paid for this Bates Motel like experience. I would sooner sleep in my car than sleep at this trashy hotel again. Just to drive home the point here...my wife was ready to slap the hotel attendant on duty the night we checked into the hotel. There literally looked like there was a crime scene in my hotel room!

Room Tip: Sleep in your car !
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Steve M
Phil T, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
We love our guests and our goal is always 100% satisfaction! We attempted to correct all of their concerns and come to an amiable solution, but despite our best efforts there was no way of making conciliation of this guest.

Travellers are raving about these Auburn hotels

Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I've only stayed here once. The staff made me and my wife feel like we own the place. They went above and beyond. I am terrible with names, but three people that worked morning/night of I think 2nd in August.

We checked in slightly earlier than check-in time, so when we got in room, the pillows still did not have covers. I told the housekeeper on the floor, we work in hotels so I told her it'd be fine just to get me the cases. She had a very happy attitude and came in and put them in for us.

Breakfast was above average.

Room was nice and comfy and clean.

Everything worked.

If you find yourself needing a place to stay in Auburn, don't hesitate on it being here.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My daughter stayed for one night before moving into her apartment, and everything worked out well. She indicated the room was comfortable, she had no problems finding it, checking in or out. Rate was reasonable. Reviews were pretty good for a "value" hotel, and her stay indicated they were correct.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family