“The helpful, courteous staff are an asset!”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 21 March 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Auburn for several nights. I want to commend the staff for going out of their way to be helpful. Phyllis Williams, JeNanc Williams and Brianna Dubose were outstanding. Phyllis helped me access the nice heated pool very early in the morning after a long trip in the car. She also helped out with the breakfast when a high school baseball team, coaches and parents filled the breakfast room! I really appreciated everyone's work!

Room Tip: We had a large suite that was great for working at a desk. Lots of room!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Tim S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We want to thank you for staying with us at the Sleep Inn & Suites. We pride ourselves on providing GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE to each of our guest and are looking forward to your next visit with us. I will share your awesome comments with the staff, again thank you and have a great day.

Tm Stanley

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites

Reviewed 18 February 2013

I spent the night at the Sleep Inn in Auburn, Alabama for an Auburn University men’s basketball game. Here are the pros and cons of spending the night here

Pro

Great Customer Service
Clean and Quiet Hotel
Breakfast was good with a great selection of breads, a waffle maker, cereal and juice
Parking lot had easy to navigate with good lighting outside parking lot
Cost was reasonable

Cons

Bed pillows were uncomfortable and were very small
I could hear the air condition/heater all night
The shower head was not working properly

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SETraveler2012
Tim S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Greeting from the Sleep inn & Suites:

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, we pride ourselves on great customer service, clean rooms, and a great breakfast in the mornings. We want to apologize for the AC, small pillows and showerhead issues, we are working on changes these items in our guest rooms so on your next visit with us you want have those probelms. Again thank you and have a great week.

Tim Stanley,CHA

Reviewed 8 February 2013

Stayed here while accompanying my daughter to a Veterinary school interview at University of Auburn.

Obviously it's a chain, but seems to be in good order for that category.

Check in etc was smooth; no problems with the room.

The price was quite reasonable, and the heated indoor pool was a nice plus: definitely a hit with my daughter and her boyfriend.

Would certainly use this place again for future trips to the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

We at the Sleep Inn & Suites want to thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripAdvisor. We value you as a guest and hope your daughter's Veterinary School interview went well. The next time you're in Auburn, please come back and stay with us,we want this to be your home away from home. Again thank you and have a great week.

Tim Stanley,CHA

Reviewed 4 January 2013

The good: conveniently located off the interstate and a short drive to a few restaurants

The bad: badly worn furniture in the lobby with torn and dirty fabric; room had foul, sour odor; totally unacceptable breakfast with apple juice that was more water than juice, lukewarm coffee that we had to ask for because there was none when breakfast hours weren't even half over, a hot breakfast was advertised, but there was nothing hot, and there was NO fruit; tear in comforter on bed, and toilet paper holder was broken

*****All of the things in disrepair send up a red flag. This hotel needs some items replaced and some TLC.

The best: Diamond was working the front desk when we checked in, and she was super sweet and friendly. She was truly the best thing about this hotel. If not for her, I would have given this hotel 2 stars.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ASouthernBelle
Tim S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Dear Valued Guest;

We want to thank you for staying with us at the Sleep Inn & Suites. We value you as a guest and want to apologize for the issues you had with your room and breakfast experience. We are in the process of renovation and want you to come back and stay with us for a FREE NIGHT! Call me in advance at 334-501-3300 to make your reservation, again thank you and we are very sorry.

Tim Stanley

Reviewed 20 November 2012

My family of 5 stayed in this hotel for an Auburn University football game weekend. The room was expensive, but was much cheaper than comparible rooms in the area. We stayed in a double queen bed suite with a sleeper sofa. The room was comfortable and clean with a desk and mini-fridge. We could not find linens for the sleeper sofa so I called the front desk and they appoligized and delivered them to my room in only a few minutes. This property is very near the interstate at exit 51, but we did not hear any highway noise inside our room. The breakfast was above average for this class of hotel and the staff kept everything well stocked and was very helpful. I will definitly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Tim S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2012

We at the Sleep Inn & Suites value you and your family as guest and want to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. Our goal is to "WOW" you each and every visit , and if we want don't we failed you. Again, thank and have a blessed week.

Tim Stanley

Reviewed 5 October 2012

I have stayed at both the Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn in Auburn, they were both sold out so I decided to try the Sleep Inn. Wow, what a pleasant surprise! The accomodations are as good as the Holiday Inn & Hampton Inn and the service is exceptional. The desk clerk who checked me in, Diamond, was so pleasant and accomodating she made me feel like I was a VIP; but all the staff at the hotel are very friendly too. I travel to Auburn a couple of times a month for business and know where I will be staying from now on.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Bo S
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Purchased a Suite with King size bed NON smoking. Received a dirty non suite smoking queen size bed! The hotel attendant said there was nothing she could do and "we can't give you another person's room because it would be unfair to the guest who made reservations." I made reservations and they didn't honor them! They offered no refund or consideration of any kind. There was no manager on duty. The front desk attendant customer service was pathetic. She said she was about to get off and if I called down and spoke to the next person on duty "he would be rude to you I can tell."

This is a 2 star hotel but charged $179.50 a night! We were treated like garbage by this hotel. Why in the world are people giving them 4 and 5 star reviews? Did you not notice the stains on the floor and lamp shades? Did you not see how dirty the rooms are?

I have stayed at 5 star hotels for less than I paid for this Bates Motel like experience. I would sooner sleep in my car than sleep at this trashy hotel again. Just to drive home the point here...my wife was ready to slap the hotel attendant on duty the night we checked into the hotel. There literally looked like there was a crime scene in my hotel room!

Room Tip: Sleep in your car !
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Steve M
Phil T, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

We love our guests and our goal is always 100% satisfaction! We attempted to correct all of their concerns and come to an amiable solution, but despite our best efforts there was no way of making conciliation of this guest.