“Satisfied with our stay”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed here one night for a gameday weekend. It was one of the more affordable options in Auburn that had some decent amenities for a family. We got a 2-queen bed room. It wasn't large, but we were able to fit just fine in it. We could even fit the pack-and-play we brought for a young toddler comfortably. The room was clean. The room and the hallways did not have an odd smell when we were there, like some other reviews have mentioned. We also did not smell cigarette smoke at any time. The pool was ok. It's pretty small, and I'll agree that it a greenish tint to it. We still used it and are all healthy and fine. I thought the breakfast was pretty comparable to what I've had at similar hotels, and it was fine for an included breakfast. Noise was overall acceptable minus a man (probably in the room next to us) who was yelling at someone off and on for about 45 minutes around 10:30 pm. I did not contact the staff because it ended on its own, so I do not know if they would have been helpful with that or not. The staff we did interact with were friendly and helpful. The location was very convenient for us since it is close to the university and the interstate. We overall enjoyed our stay and would consider booking with this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Tim S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments and choosing the Sleep Inn & Suites as your hotel of choice. On your next visit back to Auburn, we want you to come back to the Sleep Inn and stay with us, we want to be your home away from home. Again thank you and have a great week.

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites

Reviewed 16 October 2013

This was our first stay at this hotel. We were in town for a game weekend and it was the most affordable option. The rooms were average size, but clean. There was some drywall repair going on in our room that had not been finished. It wasn't the most attractive looking room we've ever head, but it served the purpose. I questioned the swimming pool to the management because it was very green looking and smelled of fish. I was told the chlorine levels were very high, but I didn't smell any chlorine so I'm not so sure about that. We did have the breakfast and it was pretty standard. We stayed several days and I could tell they were just reheating the same gravy over and over in a crockpot so we passed on that one.
The staff was all very friendly and helpful. Overall, not too bad of a stay, but certainly nothing exceptional. We would only stay here again if the rate were cheap.

Dear Valued Guest,

We want to thank you for taking the time to fill out comments on tripadvisor. We want to apologize for issues you had with your room, we had some water leaking issues and forgot to repair the wall in that room.

When you come back to your next Auburn game, call me and I will make your reservation at a discounted rate. Again thank you and have a great week.

Tim Stanley, CHA

Reviewed 9 October 2013

My Mother-in-Law booked a room for us to stay in Auburn whilst we all helped her Mother with a big move to Atlanta to be closer to family support. I was horrified at the cost, which was at least four times what I'd pay for this sort of hotel on a business trip (I travel every other week), and realise that people pay a premium to be in town on Game Day.

We thought it would at least be worth it because they had a swimming pool. On arrival with my Wife and 2 year old Daughter we checked in and went to our room to change. The hall way STANK of cigarette smoke. When we came down to swim the member of staff at reception told us the pool was out of order because the pump had been changed. This was very disappointing, aggravated by what I felt was a complete lack of empathy, even a disregard for our dismay.

Terrible experience, thankfully I had my Mother-in-Law's payment fully refunded to her.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
1  Thank CaptGreatBritain
Tim S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

We value you as a guest and want to explain to you that rates for special events at any hotel will be higher than regular rates. We want to apologize for the issues that occurred during your stay. I will share them with the staff, so going forward you will not experience those issues avian. Thank you and have a great weekend.

Tim Stanley

Reviewed 30 August 2013

My family visited Sleep Inns & Suites in Auburn, Ala, the weekend of 24-25 August 2013 to attend a family wedding. The facility was under renovation but no mention of this was on their website. Initial staff was friendly but that changed after she got off. Room was dirty and smelled very badly. No ice machine or vending on floor. No need to read caution signs about fire since the room had no phone. No sheets were available for sofa sleeper which was worn out and sagged at one end. Breakfast was stale and unappealing. Will not stay again.

Room Tip: At some other hotel/motel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Tim S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We want to thank you for filling out a survey on trip Advisor. We apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your stay with us. We were renovating our lobby and forgot to put it on the website. The issues with the room we failed you and that is not how we do business, so we want you to come back and have a FREE night on us. Call me when you want to make your reservation and I will personally inspect you room before you check in. Again thank you and have a great day.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Had another great stay at the Sleep Inn last night. General Manager couldn't have been more welcoming. They had warm cookies for me when I checked in and a staff member helped with my luggage to my room. These rooms are so spacious! Liked the microwave & fridge, so I could have some snacks in the evening. Actually went for a swim in their heated indoor pool & then ate too much at their breakfast buffet in the morning. Will be back in 2 months!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Tim S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

We want to thank for staying with us while you were in Auburn. We also want to thank you for taking the time to fillout your comments on TripAdvisor. This is one of the main reasons we LOVE OUR JOBS at the Sleep Inn & Suites, is when we can WOW guests during their stay. Again thank you and have a great week.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

The rooms were a nice size. The room and bathroom were clean. Everything worked fine. The check-in and check -out were speedy. I did not eat the breakfast, so can not comment on that. I was pleased with the rooms and the staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Tim S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear values guest:

We pride ourselves on 2 things:
1. Clean and comfortable rooms
2. Friendly and helpful team members
We are glad that we exceeded your exceptions during your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again and have a great day.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Good room for a good price, there was nothing I didn't like about this hotel. The staff were very pleasant. Breakfast was fine. Didn't use the indoor pool but it was clean and appealing! The hotel could put a sign as to how to exit the hotel from Spring St. as it is a one-way street.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

We at the Sleep Inn & Suites want to thank you for staying with us and for the awesome compliments abut the staff and breakfast. It is guest like yourself that make it a joy for us to come to wotk each and every day. have a great day and will we see you soon.