“Tries hard”
Review of Ariccia Trattoria

Ariccia Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Ariccia Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 220 Restaurants in Auburn
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Thatch Avenue
Transit: The Tiger Transit and the Atlanta airport shuttle both stop at the AUHCC.
Description: A.T. is Auburn's home for fresh, rustic Italian influenced cuisine. From homemade pastas and hearth-baked pizzas, to sizzling steaks and grill-fired fish, our chef-prepared dishes use regional ingredients served at the peak of flavor and freshness. Add in a great wine list and signature cocktails, and A.T. is always the place to go. Our large open kitchen invites you into an exciting culinary world. The cozy fireside lounge or bar are great places to relax after work with a delicious drink and appetizer from the Bar Menu. Or catch up with friends and enjoy beautiful weather with al fresco dining on the open-air patio.
Auburn, Alabama
“Tries hard”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This is a restaurant affiliated with AU that I have been to many many times. The menu choices seem very tasty; however in my experience they come up short. The ambiance and service has for the most part been very good. On occasion I have had poor service, but I always attribute this to the server being a student and something else was on there mind…like football (last time I was here was the day after the 2013 Iron Bowl)

• Visited November 2013
Allyson S, Manager at Ariccia Trattoria, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Ken M,

I am thrilled to hear that you dine with us on many occasions. We really appreciate and thank you for the loyalty you have to our restaurant. We are constantly trying to improve our product and service delivery and we value your comments regarding this. We look forward to welcoming you back to Ariccia in the near future.

Whistler, Canada
“Super welcoming experience”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

All the Staff knew who I was and as soon as they saw me the welcome me and scorted me to my table. Really nice staff. One of the Chefs came out to greet me as well.
The ambiance was great, loved the decor and the feeling of an upscale restaurant yet with the strong familiar influence of the Italian village Ariccia.
Food was well presented, delicious taste and portions were just right.
I actually had the concidence to be there at the same time as one of their inspiring italian chefs from Aricia with his wife and translator. I also had the opportunity to be introduced by the director manager of the Auburn Hotel.
Thank you Ariccia for supporting Running to the end of the World.

• Visited October 2013
Allyson S, Manager at Ariccia Trattoria, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Dear Jmkliur,

I am thrilled that you enjoyed both the food and the ambiance/ décor of our restaurant. Also, we are glad that you were able to feel welcomed by all of our staff, including meeting our Chef. We are honored that you were able to stop at our hotel and restaurant to join us for an Italian inspired meal. We thank you very much for everything you are doing with Running to the End of the World. It is a great cause and we are glad to support you.

If you are ever in the area again please come by, we would love to see you.

Meridian, Mississippi
“Awful! Fruit flies all over the buffet!!!!”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This was our first visit to this restaurant and we were FLOORED to see all of the fruit flies on the buffet!!! They were everywhere, on the salad, the cheese, the bread, the desserts... UGH!!!!! We stuck to the (supposedly hot) and covered foods but it was awful. The giant meatballs were cold, the pizza was under a heat lamp and was so dried out, it resembled Michael Douglas. The steamed broccoli was hot but mushy, like it had been there for hours.

The salad bar setup is very lovely to look at but is a food poisoning nightmare waiting to happen. The greens are kept in baskets, no ice or cooling pans beneath. The same goes for the tomato and mozza salad, the cheese block, the olives, the lunchmeat, the cole slaw, potato salad, chicken salad. NOTHING is kept on ice and NOTHING was cold. And the fruit flies were loving it.

But the craziest thing we saw was at the dessert bar. You could see fruit flies on the mini cupcakes, the cookies and in the apple crisp, so my son thought he'd be okay with a brownie. Nope. He lifted one brownie and a small swarm of the fruit flies came out.
We set our plates at the edge of the table and told the server what we had seen and she said they knew about it but couldn't get rid of them. They already knew about it??? Yep, they were swarming in the bar, she said. We didn't ask for management but I guess she did. He came over, apologized and comped our entire ticket. (Which he should have, we barely touched anything and it's $14 a person for the buffet.)

Interestingly enough, he said he told the servers to take down the dessert bar. #1) The flies were everywhere, not just the dessert bar. #2) We waited 15 more minutes to see if they were taking it down and they never did. When we left, they were still seating customers and people were going to the buffet.

Lastly, not once during the time we were there, did they ever bring out fresh food to the buffet. The old, nasty pizza that was there when we arrived was still there when we left.

The server was sweet and we tipped her well because of her honesty. We would NEVER go back to this place. It's a beautiful restaurant but I see some potential food-borne illnesses in their future if things don't change.

• Visited October 2013
Dear Treadburners67,

I want to apologize to the amount of fruit flies that you and your son encountered on your visit in our restaurant. This is an issue that we have taken care of so that all of our customers can feel comfortable while dining with us. In regards to the temperature troubles with the hot food, it is certainly not our intention to provide you with this type of experience. We can not apologize enough for the experience you had that day. We are glad that a manager was able to come and talk to you about the situation without being asked to.

I want to thank you for the compliments you made about how nice our restaurant looks and the service that comes with it. Your honesty means a lot to our restaurant and helps us to better the needs of our guests for future times to come. If you are ever in the area again please let me know so that I can welcome you back and make sure that you and your guests are taken care of.

Auburn, Alabama, United States
“Bland and expensive”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

If you like bland and expensive food, this is the place for you! Even the coffee tastes bad...
The waiters are nice, but that's all that's nice about this place...

Visited August 2012
rachael_hamilton, Manager at Ariccia Trattoria, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Dear Evelyne B,

I am very sorry that you felt that our food was expensive and bland and that our coffee did not meet your expectations. That is certainly not our intention to provide you with this experience. It is through honest feedback like this that we can improve our standards and products that we offer our guests.

I am glad that you found our waiters to be nice and I would ask you to let me know if you are in the area in the future so that I can welcome you and ensure that you are taken care of.

Kindest Regards,

Rachael Hamilton
Ariccia Restaurant Manager
Panama City, Florida
“Delightful dining room and great service”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We had lunch one day and then Sunday brunch the next. Both meals were delicious and the service was great. Many of the staff members are in the hospitality program at Auburn. The next day, we received a request to do an evaluation on our experiences there. The evaluation, we were told, was for their research and program. The employes were so attentive.

One extra comment...the lunch menu sounds like you are just ordering a sandwich, but my club came with lots of fries and a delicious signature salad. The price ($10) was very reasonable for the quality and quantity of the food.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank PC32405
Dear PC32405,

Thank You for taking the time to join us in Ariccia, I am thrilled that you enjoyed both the food and that your server was attentive to your needs. We do have ladies and gentlemen that are part of the Hospitality Management Program at Auburn and it is wonderful to have them as part of our team.

We look forward to taking care of you in the future.

Kindest Regards,