“I never miss a chance to visit...”
Review of Barbecue House - CLOSED

Barbecue House
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: The best old fashioned pit-cooked barbecue you ever tasted! Since 1978, Jeff Price and his family members have been serving Lee County’s best barbecue to locals and visitors alike. The second oldest restaurant in the city of Auburn, Barbecue House features old fashioned, homestyle breakfast, a full selection of pit barbecue items, and salads and sandwiches too! Mon-Fri 7am-8pm, Sat 10am-3pm.
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I started eating at the Barbecue House in January 1981 when I was working an internship at Comer Hall. I would go there two or three times a day. Every time I got back to Auburn, I made it a point to eat there. Excellent barbecue, stew, and sweet tea.

2  Thank Brian_of_Cleveland

Reviewed 19 October 2011

Jeff and his staff were absolutely amazing. The food was even better, if that's possible. It's hard to find somewhere to eat where the food and the service are equally good, especially when you are an opposing fan. Thanks for everything, can't wait to be back in Auburn so we can enjoy more from The Barbecue House.

1  Thank Sarah K
Reviewed 18 October 2011

The Barbeque House is a staple in Auburn. Every since I was in school at Auburn, I crave their delicious homestyle breakfast from smoked link sausage with eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns to the BEST bisquits and gravy anywhere! There have been many times I have eaten BBQ house for breakfast and gone back for lunch. The smoked turkey sandwiches and bruinswick stew are DELICIOUS! Anytime I go back to Auburn from where I currently live in Louisiana, it is a priority to eat at The Barbeque House. War Eagle!!

1  Thank Jenny M
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I have been tailgating for nine years in Auburn. Last five years Barbecue House everytime I call and place an order be for 10 people of 50, Food is ready when they say it will be and all you need is included. Plates, forks, napkins etc..
If you like BBQ you will love the Barbecue House!

Reviewed 5 October 2011

This is one of my all time favorite places for Barbecue period. I first started going there in 1988 when I was an undergraduate and continued on through veterinary school. Now when I go back to Auburn I never miss a chance to go back to the barbcecue house. Most people go for the barbecue itself but breakfast is also a treat. True Southern staples served in a family atmospher and environment. Can't wait to get back.