“Good memories, good food”
Review of Niffer's Place

Niffer's Place
Ranked #7 of 229 Restaurants in Auburn
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Description: Auburn-Opelika’s answer to fun & unique casual dining! Sandwiches, salads, burgers, wings, and more with unbeatable specials daily. Full bar and patio dining available. Mon-Wed 11am-10pm, Thurs-Sat 11am-10:30pm, Sun 11am-9pm. Reservations not accepted.
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I heart Niffer's nuggets! Corn nuggets, that is. This was one of my favorite places to eat while I was studying at Auburn University. I love to come back when I have free time to visit Auburn. I always make a stop at Niffer's. The food is consistently wonderful. I especially love the veggie burger with Cajun fries.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Really good food! My son, who is a college student, recommended it and we brought the whole family. A Saturday night with a party of 6 and we didn't have to wait very long. I would love to go back the next time we visit him.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

This place has an ecclectic funky vibe to it. Arsty fartsy abstract "art" on the wall. It could be a birdcage with a fake chicken inside. Or some industrial lettering stuck on the wall next to an irreverant vanity plate of some sort.
Food wise. Food is good and fresh. I had a mango/avacado salad with jerk spiced chicken the other day that was pretty darn tasty. The avacado was a little hard for my taste, but otherwise it was delish.
Today I went there and had their buffalo wings with traditional sauce. $9.95 for 10 of them was a bit pricey. But, the wings were big. Nothing scrawney here. And (as the waiter advised), they take 15-16 minutes to come out because they drop them fresh with every order----NO pre boiled wings here (ala every wing chain). The blue cheese dressing tasted homemade. Very chunky.
My partners had the chicken parm sub. It was big and looked tasty. We also got an order of the chicken taquitos. Those things were off the chain good. Made fresh on site too. The wrapper was fried to a dark brown crisp with just the right amount of grease for my taste. A friend of mine said that he thought they were greasy, but I just consider that a bonus.
Anyway, the staff has the requisite tattoos up and down their arms and sometimes up and down the neck too. They were all polite and acted professionally.

Worth a stop by for lunch/dinner if you are in the area.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Enjoyed a lunch here of buffalo chicken sandwich and fries, it was very good. the chicken had the right crispiness and the buffalo sauce was perfectly placed on the chicken. Service was great and the atmosphere was nice and relaxing. I would visit here again the next time I am in town on business.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We were with a group of 21 from Birmingham and stopped at Niffer's for lunch. The food was very good. I had a chicken chipotle sandwich and my husband had a French dip. He said the French dip was the best he had every had. My chicken chipotle was a chicken breast, cheese, grilled onions and peppers plus a delicious sauce. With sandwiches you had a choice of two sides. Several other menu items were ordered at our table and everyone enjoyed their meal.