“Great Place to Prepare for Wedding”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Auburn
Crenshaw Guest House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Auburn B&B and Inns
Smyrna, Georgia
“Great Place to Prepare for Wedding”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I stayed at the Crenshaw House the night before my wedding this March, and George was kind enough to let me have a late check-out so that I would have enough time to prepare for the wedding.

I started looking at the Crenshaw House after discovering that all of the hotels were booked for the weekend. Once I found it, I was so happy that this was the case - This place is charming! The pictures don't do it justice. The rooms are huge and nicely decorated.

I rented three rooms in the main house so that my sister, cousin, aunt and I could all stay close by.

The rooms were clean, the beds were cozy, the showers were HOT, the breakfast was tasty, the company was friendly... all in all - It was perfect. After staying here, I don't ever want to stay in a hotel again. That said, other B&B's have a lot to live up to!

Jamie

Room Tip: My favorite room is the Petrie Suite (it also had an attached sitting room with a trundle bed. The...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Rome, Georgia
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I've visited the Crenshaw House on numerous occasions - business and pleasure. I've also entertained a houseful of people for my daughter's graduation party. Each and every visit has been a pleasure. George is quite the host. The house, grounds, food and all around atmosphere are top notch. I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone visiting the area.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are excellent. It just depends on the size you need.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We have stayed in hotels all over the world and this one matches the best in hospitality.
The owner was on hand to help us or answer any questions we had about the area.
The breakfast started with fresh fruit and progressed to homemade pancakes,eggs,potatoes and many other assorted foods. My eleven year old wanted to move in.
We stayed inside the main house in the Petrie Suite which is a two room suite . The sitting room features a day bed with a trundel . The room was large and my three children loved it.

We also looked at the Thach room while on property and the Thach room is brighter then the pictures. There is also an extra twin bed not shown. Both rooms would have been perfect for our visit but we wanted to be in the main house.
We definitely recommend this lodging to anyone visiting Auburn.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 20 March 2012

FANTASTIC!! My wife and I stayed there for NCAA's. Unbelievable service and hospitality!!
You cannot go wrong!!

Reviewed 7 March 2012

My youngest daughter and I stayed at the Crenshaw Guest House while visiting our oldest daughter, a senior at Auburn University. After almost five years of visiting Auburn (the four as parents of a student and the year preceding her attendance) I can really say that this stay was by far the most enjoyable. George is the consummate host and made sure everything we needed or wanted was accomodated. The house is beautiful and definitely a HUGE step up from the overpriced nondescript rooms at the chain hotels in the area. We plan to return to George and the Crenshaw House for Parents' weekend next fall and then graduation. Can't recommend this highly enough!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Nichols Room and it was perfect for me and my teenage daughter. It has two bedroom...
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We recently stayed for two nights and enjoyed our stay. The owner George is a great host. He shared a lot of history about the property and Auburn in general. We stayed in the two bed guest house which was cozy and comfy. The breakfast was served at our specific requested time and was delicious. Our trip was to visit Auburn campus for my teen who got accepted there. If he decides to go to Auburn, Crenshaw is going to be my 'go to' B&B whenever I am town.

• Stayed February 2012
Marietta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Have stayed here 3 times so far. Will def. return. We have stayed in the Hare(formerly Walnut) room. George Postell(owner/inkeeper) is so generous and gracious. The atmosphere is friendly and the food is awesome. Great location and value. I have stayed here alone, with husband and son and most recently just with hubby. Each time our expectations were well exceeded. It really feels like going home to visit family each time I am there.

Room Tip: Even though the Hare(Walnut) room is on the ground level and front of the house, it is very quiet...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple