“A pleasant stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Auburn
Crenshaw Guest House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Auburn B&B and Inns
Brentwood
“A pleasant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

We found the Crenshaw House relaxing, comfortable and easy. We especially enjoyed learning about the house and the owner's ties to Auburn Univeristy. The buffet breakfast was good. Can highly recommend!

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Enterprise, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

Short but Sweet! My husband, mother-in-law and I visited and spent one night, although we would have loved to be able to stay longer. The cottage was like Goldilocks said, "just right" in every way! The beds were very comfortable and we had plenty of privacy to celebrate my son's 21st birthday ...just family. The breakfast was delicious and it was like we were sitting around a table at home only much more scenic. They were so friendly and wanted to do anything they could to make us comfortable. All that and it cost not much more than a night at a hotel... no Brainer as my kids would say. Looking forward to returning for a longer stay soon!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Stockport
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed at Crenshaw House towards the end of a two-week driving holiday in the South, and it was a complete pleasure from the moment we arrived. George, the owner, was there to welcome us and upgraded our room for no extra cost. The house itself is beautiful - think high ceilings and old furniture - but you are encouraged to make yourselves at home and there are some lovely touches like free drinks and snacks in the communal areas. Auburn is a nice college town and George gave us a recommendation for a pizza restaurant called Mellow Mushroom, which turned out to be excellent. We had a good night's sleep, one thing would say is the house is fairly close to the railroad and you can hear the occasional train but it didn't bother us. Next morning George cooked us easily the best breakfast of the trip (particularly the blueberry pancakes!) He's an interesting guy, and we truly felt like guests in his home. Highly recommended, great value for money.

Room Tip: The cheaper rooms with kitchens are separate from the main house. You don't get so much grandeur...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Holland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

This lovely old house is right off Auburn's campus in a neighborhood with many other historic homes. Our rooms were large and had the individual character you hope for in a B&B. We especially liked the carriage house the kids stayed in with its sleeping loft. We enjoyed sitting out on the back patio on a balmy spring evening smelling the wonderful honeysuckle in the air. If we're ever back in Auburn, we'll make a point of staying here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

I wrote to George and Lynn of the Crenshaw Guest House several weeks in advance of my stay to check that my room had a reliable WiFi connection. George confirmed via e-mail that that the room had high speed WiFi internet access. When I arrived the room had no WiFi. Lynn advised me that, in truth, they had a number of issues with their WiFi connection and it often did not work. They could not offer any explanation as to why they had been untruthful with me. This was really inconvenient as I had to change to a hotel at the last minute which was much more expensive.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank 298Traveller
CrenshawGuestHouse, Owner at Crenshaw Guest House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
I agree with the shocking part. The guest reported she was not receiving wireless on her laptop, and was quite agitated that I booked her as I obviously "knew of the problem". I took her complaint at face value, assuming the wireles signal was not working. I did not charge her for the nights stay, and paid $15 taxi fare to another lodging facility. That day, my Ipad worked fine in the room, as did two other guests laptop computers. I did notice the guests server was bouncing my emails as I sent 7 emails confirming her that I would not charge her with indications they all were blocked by her server. This was a renovated room and has only had two guests since the renovation. I used my IPAD every day for over a week during the renovation with no problem. I have since run 10 different application attempts in the room with three different computers, 100% of the time all appliances were up the wireless signal with no problems noted. The wireless is not secure, perhaps that was a factor.
Smyrna, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I stayed at the Crenshaw House the night before my wedding this March, and George was kind enough to let me have a late check-out so that I would have enough time to prepare for the wedding.

I started looking at the Crenshaw House after discovering that all of the hotels were booked for the weekend. Once I found it, I was so happy that this was the case - This place is charming! The pictures don't do it justice. The rooms are huge and nicely decorated.

I rented three rooms in the main house so that my sister, cousin, aunt and I could all stay close by.

The rooms were clean, the beds were cozy, the showers were HOT, the breakfast was tasty, the company was friendly... all in all - It was perfect. After staying here, I don't ever want to stay in a hotel again. That said, other B&B's have a lot to live up to!

Jamie

Room Tip: My favorite room is the Petrie Suite (it also had an attached sitting room with a trundle bed. The...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Rome, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I've visited the Crenshaw House on numerous occasions - business and pleasure. I've also entertained a houseful of people for my daughter's graduation party. Each and every visit has been a pleasure. George is quite the host. The house, grounds, food and all around atmosphere are top notch. I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone visiting the area.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are excellent. It just depends on the size you need.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends