“Nice budget... GREAT staff”

Clarion Inn & Suites University Center
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Auburn
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice budget... GREAT staff”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Stayed there for a soccer tournament last weekend. Kids loved the facilty, loved the pool, great that the shared outside space is surrounded by rooms. It's not the Ritz, but it's clean.

This is my first review and I'm writing primarily because I was so impressed with the staff and how accomodating they were.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank derek k

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Cincinnati
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I was taking my son to Auburn University for his orientation and when I arrived at Home Towne Suites the hotel I had reserved and prepaid on for, on Hotels.com they told me they were sold out and had reacommodated me to another hotel. I went the to that hotel and the desk clerk was a jerk. I went back to Home Towne Suites and she put me at another place with no pool located behind a quick oil change place. I was exhausted by all of this and went over to the Lexington to see what they might have to offer.

I was warmly greeted by Margaret who listened to my situation and offered to get the manager, Rick to help. They were wonderful. Got me a room right away. Took care of everything with Hotels.com so I could spend the time with my son instead of being on hold with Hotels.com. The rooms were just what I needed, microwave, fridge, pool, free breakfast. I will stay there everytime I go to visit my son. Thanks, Margaret, Rhonda and Rick your southern hospitality saved the day!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Martha H
Tuscumbia, Alabama
Reviewed 21 June 2011

This is a great place to stay. It's close to the campus and plenty of restaurants. The management and all the staff is great.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Orlando Fl
Reviewed 5 October 2010

Booked this hotel for an Auburn game so rated were up at bit, but with the free breakfast and walking distance ( 2 miles) to the stadium, we were pleasantly surprized. Room had refrid/micro. when we checked in the refrig wasn't working, within minutes they came to replace with a working unit. Don't be afraid. Not the newest or cleanest, but not scary either.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Cumming, GA
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Wow what a great surprise, I highly recommend this hotel, it is very well run with a friendly staff, the rooms are very nice, and although the hotel is a little older in is in great shape and very clean. Did I mention it's a great value!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed 12 July 2010

The stay at Lexington Hotel University Convention was great. The personnell was there and eager to assist. Everybody was friendly and supplied our every need. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. The managers there not only managed but was there when we needed them. My hats are off to the staff and the condition of the rooms.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Durham, NC
Reviewed 10 June 2009

The rooms are newly rennovated and well appointed & the staff is friendly and helpful. We came to Camp War Eagle for Auburn University. The hotel has a business center that my son could look up information about school; a workout facility that he was able to utilize; a pool for me to cool off in in the afternoon! The cost is reasonable and we're near enough to the school that we don't have to spend a lot of time traveling to get there...only 2 miles away!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family