“Not Pleased!”

Clarion Inn & Suites University Center
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 10 July 2014

First of all I was overcharged and still haven't been credited. Secondly, the A/C goes off in the room with no warning, just shuts off and you have to turn it back on...not good when you have been out all day in the summer. The A/C and the sink leaked so the carpets in front of the A/C unit and under the sink were constantly soaking wet. The key stopped working on my 2nd day. Oh, and my favorite thing was that we needed a set of sheets for the pullout couch and when I called the front desk I was told that I would have to "come and get them" because she was the "only person working".

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn & Suites University Center

Reviewed 19 June 2014

It was just awful. I just checked.out.of.Room 125. AC didn't cool off the room, toilet clogged at first use, bed sat 1 foot of the ground, shower clogged and pillows were maybe 18" long (very small). Nice tv and good channels though! Its a motel, looks like a motel and they put paint on the walls and put s good tv and call it a hotel. Worst stay I have had in a long time and I travel.monthly.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank David F
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I spent a weekend in Auburn recently and had a very good experience at this hotel. Everything worked -- hot water, good water pressure, clean, comfortable bed. Hotel is dated, but obviously the owners are upgrading as they go. Well done.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
LaPrell S, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites University Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us, we truly appreciate your kind words and hope that you will see further improvements the next time you're in Auburn.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was stay here a few weeks back and I was surprisingly please with my stay here. It is one of the nicest exterior hotels I have ever stayed at and the staff was extremely nice and helpful. The young man behind the front desk, Zach, got me checked in quickly, went out of his way to help me get acquainted and was very professional. I will definitely be come back and recommending this hotel to anyone staying in Auburn.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your review. Myself and the owners have made sure that Zach was rewarded for his outstanding service.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed there this past weekend for a wedding. We were able to book the larger king suite on the first floor overlooking the pool. The room was very clean and pleasant. My only criticism was it seemed as if the carpet was just cleaned and was still damp/smelled of shampoo our first night we were there. Overall, i would highly recommend this hotel for anyone coming to town.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We do try to put rooms out of service when the carpet has been shampooed but occasionally due to lack of availability following a pet checkout or simply housekeeping reporting the carpet needs cleaning without checking for arrivals, we run into this situation. I am very sorry you were given a room with damp carpet but truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know of the inconvenience to you. We will review our procedures with staff regarding a room requiring carpet shampoo to minimize this in the future.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

The Clarion was not bad at all. The room was clean and the bed slept well. They offered a continental breakfast in a large clean area. The staff were friendly and helpful. I recommend Clarion take steps to cleaning the carpet and their glass windows, especially the windows entering the dining area.

I saw a pool - did not use it and not sure if it was open.

I see progress in Clarion's future - just a little touch up needed.

My stay was nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank veronica r

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay. I am sorry this response is so late coming but I felt it important to go back to your review and let you know that we are definitely addressing the issues that you brought forth as well as many others to ensure that your next stay with us is better than the last.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Night clerk was very friendly, room was clean but the air was not on, didn't take long to cool off. I slept well but breakfast consisted of biscuits, dry cereal, juice & coffee. I was hoping for some bacon & eggs at least.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Tamika W

Thank you for your review, you will be happy to know that we have added several items to our breakfast since your stay including eggs! We hope to see you again this football season!