“AMAZING”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Auburn
A TripAdvisor Member
“AMAZING”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Great place for our one night stay while in the Auburn area. Bed was super comfortable and the comforter/duvet was perfect! I absolutely loved walking in and just laying on it! So nice! I only have one complaint about the bed... I had to get out of it! I could have laid in it all day! I would HIGHLY recommend this Hampton to any family or friends travelling to the Auburn area. The location was great... very close to any and everything we wanted to go to! I am extremely picky about where I stay while travelling but Hampton really exceeded all of my expectations/wishes for this trip!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Greensboro, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2013

It seemed like the staff member checking us in the night of our arrival had "better things to do". There was no eye contact or pleasantaries or greeting even when I said "how are you". It was straight to "are you checking in?" No information on where & when the breakfast would be served, or information on any other amenities. As soon as the check in process was done and I was still collecting my card-key from the counter, the person went back to chatting whomever was on the phone. Compared to that the morning staff member was much more pleasant.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Birmingham, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We chose this hotel because of the location to Auburn University. The staff goes out of their way to accomodate your requests. The hotel is older but updated. Great location for Auburn University events.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Huntsville, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The personnel made us feel welcomed. Loved the location to the highway, Auburn University. and the business I had to call on. I took my wife and 13 year old daughter on this business trip with me and they loved the Hotel being close to Tiger Town Shopping Mall so they could shop while I was on business.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Breakfast is for the birds, Scramble eggs are the worst. I ever had. Don't spend any time eating it. Totally disappointed. No papers to read too. Will not return to this motel. No one at the front desk to complain too.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Taylor, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2013

This is a great place to stay. Pool is clean. Rooms are quiet and the staff is great. The complimentary breakfast was well balanced and offered items for all ages. If you are in the auburn area please stay here. Its like home.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed here over the fourth of July holiday while visiting family and I must say that I was surprised. We have stayed here before and everything was great, but this time room we were in smelled horrible as well as the room our other family stayed in. Upon entering the hotel, the elevator had the same horrible smell...I'm not really sure what it was, but we told the staff and they gave us something to spray which made it worse. We ended up going to walmart to buy candles which we burned all night to mask the smell. We were not offered another room or anything to make up for this, which is unacceptable.

The breakfast was just ok...the eggs and turkey sausage were not tasty at all, but everything else was ok. We will not stay here upon our next trip to Auburn...so sad because I enjoyed our first stay here so much.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Jane B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Auburn, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for the GM, Debbie Kopp.

We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.