“needs a facelift” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Auburn
Pelham, United States
“needs a facelift”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I knew this was an older Hampton Inn, but i got a little bit of a discount for reserving online. I decided to collect some more rewards points and stay here. I now wish I would have used a coupon i had used previously for another hotel across the street. It would have been more than $20 less for at least equal quality. There was no specific instance to describe or anything the staff could have done differently. This hotel just needs a major facelift to remain at Hilton property standards. The lobby and breakfast area are cramped and dark - not inviting like the newer Hampton Inns. If you are a loyal Hilton customer, and can stretch the budget, look at the Hilton Garden a few miles north.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

After reading a couple of negative reviews about the service and cleanliness of this hotel, I was really worried about staying here, but other hotels were full and we were coming in for an Auburn game, so we went ahead and made our reservations. I'm so glad we did!!! This place was extremely clean, all staff that we came in contact with were helpful and friendly, the complimentary breakfast was nice and the location was convenient for a short drive over to campus.

Deltona, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Over the years and all my travels I have made it a point to stay at a variety of different hotels in the medium price range.Most were okay and a couple were horrible.
At one chain the walls were so thin I thought the people in the next room were in mine. At another one I could clearly here the man in the next room urinating in his bathroom. This does not make for a good night's sleep!
Now I pretty much look for just two chain hotels, Hampton Inn and Wingate.
The Auburn Hampton Inn is typical of that particular chain. The reservations were easy to make, the staff was very polite and personable. The hotel was spotlessly clean and we stayed on the second floor and like every Hampton Inn once your room door closes you cannot hear any noise.
I deliberately search out mom n pop restaurants but when it comes to hotels I prefer a specific chain just for the peace of mind I will be in a clean, QUIET, and safe environment. I get this with Hampton Inn. The hot breakfast was well stocked and delicious.
You can find cheaper motels but they cannot compare with this one.
Also, Auburn is a neat little University town and we were close enough to tour the town on foot.
Can't wait for our next visit.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room in the back of the hotel and on the second floor which usually means super q...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Buhl, AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Came into town for my husband to have Lasik eye surgery. We have never had any problems with Hampton and this stay did not disappoint us either. We had already planned for a late check in because we knew it would be after 10:00 pm before we would arrive. I admit I was a little worried after reading one of the reviews that the staff would not be very nice. However, we had nothing to worry about! April quickly worked up our check in and was absolutely so accommodating and nice. Every staff member we encountered had the same gracious manner. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Great place for our one night stay while in the Auburn area. Bed was super comfortable and the comforter/duvet was perfect! I absolutely loved walking in and just laying on it! So nice! I only have one complaint about the bed... I had to get out of it! I could have laid in it all day! I would HIGHLY recommend this Hampton to any family or friends travelling to the Auburn area. The location was great... very close to any and everything we wanted to go to! I am extremely picky about where I stay while travelling but Hampton really exceeded all of my expectations/wishes for this trip!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Greensboro, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

It seemed like the staff member checking us in the night of our arrival had "better things to do". There was no eye contact or pleasantaries or greeting even when I said "how are you". It was straight to "are you checking in?" No information on where & when the breakfast would be served, or information on any other amenities. As soon as the check in process was done and I was still collecting my card-key from the counter, the person went back to chatting whomever was on the phone. Compared to that the morning staff member was much more pleasant.

Birmingham, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

We chose this hotel because of the location to Auburn University. The staff goes out of their way to accomodate your requests. The hotel is older but updated. Great location for Auburn University events.