“Nice stay”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Auburn
Madsion, United States
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We really liked our stay at the hotel. The staff was nice. The beds were clean and slept well. There was an odor when entering the room, but it was not over whelming. The breakfast was satisfying. It was close to the campus and located to restaurants.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Fort Rucker, Alabama
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We travel for Swim team at least once a month. Unfortunately we ended up at the Hampton Inn on College st this time. I am very disappointed. Read online there was a fridge and microwave. Cooked for days before our trip and had all our meals made ahead and all I needed to do was leave them in the fridge and throw them in the microwave before eating. We get to hotel and there was no fridge or microwave in our 2 double bed room. Front desk then told us it was only for king rooms. All meals were thrown away. We booked this room for 5 guest and had requested a Roll away bed and 5 towels in the room. There were only 4 towels in the room when we arrived. Wouldn't give us an extra one without exchanging it for one we already had (I guess people steal hotel towels?) Then the front desk told us we couldn't have roll away bed because it was a fire hazard. How in the world are 5 people supposed to sleep in 2 double beds? We went out and bought a twin size mattress that fit just fine in the room and a roll away bed would of too. The room itself smelt like mildew. There was also black mold growing underneath the soap holder in the shower. I made sure to take a picture of that. I was expecting to get travel bag breakfast before leaving for meet and they were not available. The whole hotel smelt like cigarette smoke. The elevator closest to the main desk smelt strong of urine. I woke up early one morning and went downstairs to the hotel front desk lady talking on speaker phone with a man and say very rude and inappropriate things. This went on for at least 20 minutes as I heard their whole conversation sitting down in the breakfast area drinking my coffee. I was disgusted. We will never stay at this hotel again. If we must stay we will move along to Holiday Inn Express. This hotel is also very old. If you stay here, consider yourself warned.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton Inn in Opelika if you must stay at a Hampton Inn. Much better!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Opelika, Alabama
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stay at the Hampton Inn Auburn several times per year. My experience has always been good. The staff is courteous and responsive and the hotel is conveniently located near Auburn University. The room rates seem reasonable and fair, and my rooms have always been clean when I arrive. The only reason that I don't give this hotel an "excellent" rating is because some of the amenities in the rooms are worn and dated, particularly the plumbing fixtures. The toilet may flush loudly or run for while. On my most recent stay, I noticed that my sink was slow to drain. Nevertheless, this hotel continues to be my hotel of choice and I believe it is an affordable and decent alternative to the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The staff was very gracious and helpful with anything I needed and any questions I had about the surrounding area and helpful with suggestions for places to eat and directions. The breakfast was great!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My Dad and I stayed as Auburn University was full over the weekend... Auburn University Suggested you as a Hotel. We drove up from Destin, Fl. to meet with Auburn University Asst Basketball Womens Team as I met him on holidays last year and wanted to catch a game, and have a tour of the facilities. Your Hotel was amazing as my dad had great service due to getting old... Very Accomodating Thank you so very much Jon Wynn

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed at a number of Hampton Inns during our holiday roadtrip, and this was easily the least enjoyable of them.

It's been our experience that hotels generally make you aware that there's construction at the property. That was not the case here. We arrived to find that the lobby had been gutted and construction material was everywhere. The morning breakfast was served in one of the guest rooms on the first floor. It's definitely something that should be noted on the hotel website.

As it was, we were glad to arrive late at night and depart early in the morning, so as to spend as little time at the hotel as possible.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

While we where staying at the Hampton inn it was under construction. Which left us with the tv not working, breakfast in a guest room downstairs, no power and no elevator. It was so bad we had
To switch hotels. I don't recommend this Hampton inn to anyone

Stayed December 2013