“DISGUSTING”

Econo Lodge
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Auburn
“DISGUSTING”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

This place was absolutely disgusting! I DO NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. It was so gross that we couldn't even bare to stay there, we would have slept in our cars before this place. The door stuck and you literally have to shove the door hard to open it. It smelled gross
and musty and the AC didn't work. There were brown stains all over the shower and on the door. The paint was peeling and huge blood colored stains on the carpet. There were food crumbs and dirt in the bed and black burn looking marks. And worst of all there were dead spiders and bugs in cracks and such and I even had to kill a cockroach!! I didn't want to sit down or touch anything! THIS PLACE IS SO GROSS!! DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank 123abc45

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

Parking was very bad, had to park on far side, not even close to room. Room service left our door open enough to just push it open and thank god nothing got stolen. The room was not very clean at all. Will never stay here again and we cut our stay here early

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank jsay69

Travellers are raving about these Auburn hotels

Blountsville, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

This was the most disgusting place I have ever stayed in my life! Room #110. The whole room was filthy. I went to the front desk and got a bottle of bleach to spray the tub and sink with. I wiped the room down myself with disinfectant wipes. There was dust everywhere. Cobwebs on the ceiling and corners. Holes burned in the bedspread. The upholstery on chairs were so stained I refused to sit in them. My daughter said "you cant see the dust on the chairs for the blood stains!" The door was nearly off the hinges making it hard to open & close.The sign out front said "Alumni owned", I would be embarrassed to put that for everyone to see. I felt as if I needed to soak in Lysol when I left. I will never stay there again!

Room Tip: There were about 20 used toilets on the sidewalk beside our room!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kay T
Cleveland, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

An older motel with great rates. It was reasonably clean and in the process of renovation. I inferred from the construction materials that the counter spaces were being replaces with marble. There is a Waffle House adjacent to the property (if you like that sort of thing). Several other restaurants are only a short drive away. Overall, I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: A first floor room allows you to park in front of your room.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Stayed just one night after watching a game. We thought that the noise from the Supper Club would be a problem but it wasn't. There was some minor traffic noise but a good pair of ear plugs will do the trick. Location is great just becareful during game day driving back that there is a little traffic.

Room Tip: Bring Ear Plugs.....
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Anderson, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

we were visiting family in Auburn Al we waited until we arrived in Auburn to find a hotel to stay in...big mistake! There was a football game at the Unv that week-end and even tho it was not a big rival game the hotels were mostly full or rates for a run of the mill hotel was over $100. a night. Which I wish we had gotten. The EconoLodge charged us $85. So we stayed in a ground level room with a view of the back of the waffle house dumpsters. The bed was uncomfortable and the room needed cleaning..which I disinfected everything with lysol and clorox wipes. Next time we go to Auburn we will plan ahead and check out better hotels and make reservations..possibly in Opelika which is just up the road from Auburn.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mimix9
Sallisaw, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

Our stay at Econo Lodge was very pleasant. Great customer service from front desk agents! Room was very clean. Bonus was our complimentary breakfast at waffle house. Overall, great hotel for price we paid. Will stay with them again in future.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family