Econo Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(Auburn)
Courtyard Auburn(Auburn)
View Hotel
All reviewswaffle houseeconomy hotelwafflesatlanta airportcomfortable bedfree wifinon smokingwould stay againwithin walking distancevisiting auburncoffeemakerbeddinggamescampus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This hotel is a average Econo Lodge with a few extras. Complimentary breakfast next door at Waffle House was nice. Front desk staff was very nice and helpful. All the rest was as you expected, nothing fancy just a clean place to sleep and shower. Price was high but it was a football weekend. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AlabamaTraveler2012
Vic P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

We appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to post this review. We are glad that your experience was good. We are remodeling our entire hotel in Jan 2013 and we look forward to welcome you back to our hotel. Thanks, Vic Patel

Reviewed 30 October 2012

A whole group of people stayed here for a football weekend and reunion. One of the employees, a young woman who appears college age, was VERY nice and helpful. She is the ONLY reason for the one star I gave them. They over charged us by $522.70, so WATCH YOUR ACCOUNT! It doesn't appear to matter what amount is on your receipt, because that amount has NEVER shown up on our account! Mr. Patel has NOT handled this issue well and hung up on me. He waited a day to get back to me and his excuse was the previous day was not his work hours so therefore he would not handle this situation then. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. The accommodations were smelly and we had bugs, many bugs.... The mirror at the vanity was filthy, there was water all over the vanity, and the room smelled of smoke. It was a non-smoking room. Stay somewhere else or drive home after the game. Except for the one very nice girl at the front desk, this place is a zero.

Room Tip: If you wish to sleep, DON'T stay on the side by the Supper Club.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank 94Elle94
Vic P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

I apologize for any inconvenience our hotel may have caused to you. You made your reservation using your debit card and upon check in we authorized full amount for 2 nights of stay on it. Upon check out you decided to split the payment with another card. Debit cards usually take upto 48-72 hours for authorization to release. It is beyond our control for this hold to be released. If this hold stays on your account after 72 hours please feel free to contact me and I will personally contact your bank.

Vic Patel

Reviewed 11 September 2012

Buyer Beware...Terrible customer service! You better hope that everything goes 100% according to plan because if not, they will give you no sympathy. I was quoted one cancellation policy at the time of booking and when I called to cancel my reservation, I was told the policy was different, I had missed the window and there was nothing they were going to do about it. Don't bother askign to speak to a manager....They are all independently owned which allows the GM to have no accountability and because of this I will NEVER book at another 'Choice Hotel' location AGAIN.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Wanderlust205
Vic P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Dear Customer,

I apologize for the inconvenience that you may have inquired from our hotel. Our cancellation policy for all Football Weekends have been set for 30 Days prior to arrival. If we are able to sell your room, we will gladly sell it, and cancel your reservation with no charges. Currently, your reservation is number one on our cancellation list.

If you have any further questions feel free to call the hotel back, and speak with me directly.

Vic Patel
GM

Reviewed 24 August 2012 via mobile

It's an Econo lodge, dated musty smelling basic lodging. Cheap basic. Stayed here several times. If you get on the side of the war eagle supper club it can be loud on the weekends . Instead of a cheap continual breakfast they do give you coupons to the waffel house

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank roninboaz
Reviewed 12 August 2012

This place has gotten a lot of bad reviews, but our experience was just fine. It's a cheap-ish place, wasn't the most comfortable bed... But it was clean, no bugs, mostly quiet, and very friendly staff. MILES better than the Days Inn down the street. I'd be okay staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business