“1st time Alaska traveler”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anchor Point
Soaring Eagle Lodge
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Quiet private location. Very scenic. Soaring eagles galore. Excellent guide service on all adventures.
Be very specific about what you want or expect from your adventures. Most are close by. Some could be quite a drive so you might want to inquire about drive times. Overall great experience and Service provided by John. He took care of all the details and made our two week trip a breeze. I would highly recommend Soaring Eagle!

Thank MrGspring .

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was our second trip to Alaska , and this was definitely the way to go. The cottages are so nice, clean and have everything you could need. Stores and restaurants aren't always just down the road-and when you have an adventure planned you have to take your lunch, John helps by providing a great food package. It has almost everything you need for lunch or dinner if you come home tired from your adventure and didn't want to go back out. We had wonderful guides for our trips that work with John, who all go out of their way to make sure that your trip is what you wanted. It was a great trip, and we would stay at Soaring Eagle again.
Linda and Steve Harrower

Room Tip: Each cottage had a great view.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

John Burns and the Soaring Eagle folks did a great job with all of the things they could control. The cottage was perfect for us, and John clearly worked hard to find the best outfitters for the excursions. The weather was not so good, but we would definitely go back to Soaring Eagle. I might suggest July or August as the fishing and weather might be a little better.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We caught a lot of fish, the food at the lodge was great and the attention by john and his staff was above and beyond... everything that our host said would happen did happen!!!!. WE returned home with 100lbs of fillets!!! allan hall

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank hall108
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My first trip to AK with Soaring Eagle was in 2012 with my Dad and brothers. We had such a great time that I knew I needed to book a trip with my wife the following summer in 2013. My wife and I enjoyed a perfect balance of adventures, relaxation and great food during our visit. The cottages are truly a home away from home. John has done a first class job in the accommodations that are provided which also include a fully stocked kitchen. We had a wonderful time including activities like whale watching, cruises around Kachemak Bay and Kenia Fjords National Park, hiking, kayaking, fishing, river float trips and beautiful scenic drives.
My wife and I both agree that the number one advantage to booking your trip with Soaring Eagle is that everything is taken care of for you. All you have to do is show up and follow your itinerary. It was a much more relaxing vacation for my wife and I because we didn't have to think about hardly anything that pertained to the logistics of traveling a great distance and taking part in such grand adventures. The kitchen was even so well stocked we made limited trips to the grocery store.
In short, we had such a great time that we are calling our trip to AK in 2013 our second honeymoon! We made memories that will truly last a life time and still look at pictures from the trip to this day. Our itinerary for our next trip has already been planned and we will be returning to AK with Soaring Eagle in 2015.

Thanks again John for being such a great host.

Helton Adventure Team

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2013

It was the middle of June and our first trip to the Kenai Peninsula and could not imagine a better place to stay than Soaring Eagle Lodge. Mr. Burns, the owner of Soaring Eagle has really went the extra mile and pays attention to every detail. On this trip we took in some outstanding halibut fishing that Soaring Eagle had arranged with a nearby charter in Ninilchik and later in the week went on the best clam digging trip I have ever been on. The resident clamming guide, Mary, took us across the inlet to treat us to the most productive clamming I have ever witnessed. The lodge also arranged a fantastic raft trip that included a nice morning of gold prospecting on the Kenai River. We took in great scenery and actually found gold as well.
The place was very well stocked with plenty to eat and Mr. Burns also had a great selection of beverage waiting for us when we got there.
We had such a great experience on that first trip that we had to come back for a second in late August to take in Silver Salmon fishing on Deep Creek, and the Ninilchik river. Went fishing nearly every morning. Soaring Eagle provided us great equipment and guiding. Mr. Burns was on the water nearly everyday himself and I must say, "this is the man to watch". A true salmon fisherman. He made it look so easy and knows where the fish are. He gave me the luxury of tagging along with him a time or two.
On both trips I came home with more fish than I could have hoped for. Soaring Eagle Lodge is impeccably maintained and very comfortable. We had such great experiences both times, that we are definitely going back again next year.
I have been in the eco-tourism business for over 15 yrs. and strongly recommend Soaring Eagle to anyone seeking great fishing and adventure.
Robert Dale

Room Tip: every cottage has a view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert D
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Our first trip to Soaring Eagle Lodge was booked as our "once in a lifetime" 20th anniversary gift to each other. After researching many options we chose Soaring Eagle's all inclusive package and registered. From the first phone call 7 months prior to our arrival right up to the day of our departure to return home John and Mary provided first class service. We really had to do nothing but board the plane, pick up the rental car and drive to the Lodge. For one solid week we had the most awesome fishing we have ever experienced, enjoyed breathtaking scenery, and wildlife and relaxed in our beautiful, luxurious cabin in front of the fireplace for quiet conversation. All of the food and beverages were included in the cost of the trip and we wanted for absolutely nothing. Even with our late arrival on the first evening, our dinner was prepared and waiting for us in our cabin! All we had to do is put it on the grill (provided of course) and eat. Our itenierary for the week (trips of our choosing from a variety of choices available) was printed out and explained in full detail to us by John. Any questions we had were answered. John and Mary's knowlege of the area is vast and very helpful to those of us who were first time visitors to this awesome state. It was very difficult to leave after our 8 days were up and as we were saying our goodbye's and thanking John and Mary for our most memorable vacation ever, we made a vow to return to this fantastic paradise. That vow has turned into a yearly excursion for us ~ same time each year (July) and we have been fortunate enough to secure the same wonderful cabin now 2 years in a row. We cannot say enough about Soaring Eagle Lodge and the planning, hospitality, honesty and hard work that goes into making every individual's vacation the perfect one ~ I know ours was and we cannot wait to return in July! Pam L.

Room Tip: All cabins face Cook Inlet ~ beautiful mountains and sunsets
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pam L

Been to Soaring Eagle Lodge? Share your experiences!