Anchor River Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Anchor Point
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsservice was greatrooms are basicstayed two nightsgift shopplace to stayvoucherriverninilchikfridgesummermiles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My wife and I lived in Anchor point some years back and knew the Anchor from back then. The food was good back then and the rooms were clean. We went down to visit old friends this last weekend and were very disappointed in both the room and the restaurant. The room stunk like urine. Carpets were stained to attest to the smell. It was bad enough that we bought a bottle of frebreeze to mask the smell, and left the window open to try and air it out. The restaurant was not much better. Dirty tables, dirty under tables, and the food was not much better. The amount of people that ate there shows how bad it has gotten. Back in the day it would be packed with locals. On Saturday night this time we counted 4 tables with people. Breakfast was ok, but the dinner menu was horrid. Had the shrimp Alfredo. The sauce was so old that it had broke and separated.My wife has the shrimp sautéed in butter. It wasn't butter. It was oleo. Hope they can regroup. There is no other place in town to go to. When we go back next time. we will find another place to go, even if it means going to Homer. I wish them the best. They are going to need it to stay above water based on what we experienced.

Room Tip: At this point in time I would stay somewhere else. They need to get the place cleaned up.Hate to say this, but going to Homer might be a better bet. May cost a little more, but at least you will have a clean room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
JRayAK, General Manager at Anchor River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

At the Anchor River Inn we strive to provide each guest exceptional value for their dollar. When this guest mentioned to one of our staff at the store that there was an unpleasant odor in the room, I was immediately notified. Our front desk staff asked the guest if we could move them to another room but the guest declined the offer. The restaurant also provides our customers with a great value and very good food. We are supported by our locals all year long. I can assure you that none of our ingredients this time of year have the opportunity to get old, but if the preparation is unsatisfactory we make every attempt to correct it when we are notified. At a time when lodges across the state are closing down and disappearing, the Anchor River Inn is still going strong and will be here for another 50 years.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed for one night as it was the least expensive in the area. Friendly staff and a clean room. Our only problem was the loud noise from the road construction equipment right next door. That has nothing to do with the inn; that is one of the sounds of summer in Alaska.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

This is our second year staying at the Anchor River Inn. We enjoy the great hospitality they have there, and will definetly stay again. The rooms are basic, but are just fine. Best price by any means, plus you have all the services you need right at the Inn.
Thanks Again,
Mitch, Lynnette, Lamont and Kimberly

Reviewed 6 July 2013

My daughter, her friend and I stayed in one of the fisherman rooms. It was a very clean and comfortable room. We slept very well and it was quiet and had a nice view. We will return in the future. We ate breakfast the next morning and used our $15 food voucher. The food was great and very reasonable.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I just spent 2 nights at the Anchor River Inn. It was quiet and I slept like a baby. Everything was clean. Plenty of towels. There is a convenience store, a liquor store, a restaurant and a bar right across the parking lot so if you want a snack, dinner or a drink it is all close by. Everyone was really friendly and the service was great. I would rec this to my friends with no hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business