“Beautiful area”

Superstition Mountain Museum
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I had visited this area 6 or 7 years ago and I had enjoyed it so much, so while I was visiting Phoenix last month, I knew this was a place I wanted to go again. It was still as beautiful and enjoyable and scenic as it had been before, For those, who love to take pictures, this is a wonderful area to visit

2  Thank stammercindy

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stopped in to check out the Museum and walked into a gift shop first. The workers were all talking and just stopped looked at us, and then just kept talking. Hello, how about a smile. We made our own fun, they had a small gun fight outside by the old buildings, which was cool. There is a tree that is carved by the door to the gift shop ( Museum ). If your from out of down try it. Maybe you'll have better luck. I guess for the most part, it was the people working there that made it not friendly , but again, we made our own fun and enjoyed it ,ok for what it was. You can watch the gun fighting for free but there is a fee to get into the museum.

2  Thank Desraye H
Barbara A, Executive Director at Superstition Mountain Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

I am very sorry that you did not have a positive experience. Do you mind telling me when you visited or what day of the week it was? About what time of the day was it? We work with mostly volunteers and encourage each of them to greet our guests the minute they walk in the door. I hope you will come back and let us show you a better time. Ask for Barbara and I will be sure you get a special guided tour. I am so sorry.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

It took three attempts, but my husband and I hiked all the way to the top of flat iron! Very physically challenging, but what a sense of accomplishment! This is an incredible adventure.

2  Thank MNTravelbugger
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife & I recently stumbled upon the Superstion Mountain Museum while going to a local ghost town. What a great find! The museum had so many old west displays and motion picture references that we stayed way longer than we had intended. A nice gift shop is also on the premises. We took a self-guide nature walk out toward Superstion Mountain, and saw many beautiful botanical specimens, as well as a spectacular view of the mountain. A worthwhile stop on the way to the ghost town!

1  Thank LeonGMOT
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Have been here many times and never get bored. The museum is well kept and so informative. Wonderful location beneath the Superstition Mts. Couldn't ask for a better setting to learn the history of the area. If you are a winter visitor plan to attend the Thursday lectures. Make it a point to visit this museum.

4  Thank sharonhoblit