“Be careful with your credit card!!!!!”

Motel 6 Apache Junction
Motel 6 Apache Junction
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Apache Junction
Cando, North Dakota
“Be careful with your credit card!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We were passing through and simply needed a place to stay for the night. Walked in, asked for a room, no problem, gal at the desk said she also needed id,no problem. She took both my drivers license AND my credit card and placed them in a copy machine, I asked, What are you doing? She replied "I need copies of both" I said NOT my credit card. I tried to tell her that was illegal, she didn't care, so I took my card and copies she had made and left. From other reviews it sounds like I was lucky!!!

Room Tip: I talked to others later and noone had anything good to say about the place
Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gary J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Apache Junction, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Hello first off I really dont like leaving anything negative about the above hotel, however I stayed there and had problems with my a/c unit in the room and asked the desk clerk on duty to move me to another room after he came up and confirmed my complaint was legit, however he did not after i went down to the front desk to see the status of the movement, he was to busy doing laundry and never even tried. Upon my checkout i informed the morning clerk of the problem and she said she would tell mng and have her call me. I have since called 3 times and still nothing.All I am asking is for some compensation for my stay as I really enjoy Superstition Inn and Suites

Room Tip: Hello first off I really dont like leaving anything negative about the above hotel, however I stayed...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Thomas T
Brier
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

Recently changed from a Super 8 this motel has potential but no one working there seems to care.
Work crews painting the facility came in early and ate all the continental breakfast and left a mess behind.
Ice machines were out of order and the air conditioning worked sporaticly.
Questions asked of help recieved little responce. Most commonly "they will know in town".
While the rooms were clean and comfortable you felt like you were an inconvinient distrction.

Room Tip: Dive on by. Several great hotels in town.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank hovisfm
Ehrenberg, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

My experience at this hotel wasn't as terrible as other peoples' experiences seem to have been. I stayed over the weekend mid-March in 2013 while attending the Renaissance Faire and found the accommodations to be dated and shabby, but decent. It certainly wasn't horrible, although (probably because of the Ren Faire) the room was quite a bit more expensive than I think it should have been.
The lobby decorations were dated, and the furniture in the room was also a bit dated and shabby, but the room was perfectly clean. The bed was clean, sheets freshly laundered and the room properly set up with towels and toiletries.
When we got there, there wasn't a clerk at the desk and we had to wait a minute until someone came, but when the night clerk got there he was very friendly (even though I think we disturbed his sleep) and super courteous. He even kept the pool open an extra hour and a half past closing time for us (we were in the pool until 10:30pm,) so we could have a swim and wind down from all the walking we did.
Breakfast was decent; toast, pancakes, fresh-cooked scrambled eggs, and a small variety (I think 4 types?) of cereal, with 3 types of juice, cold milk, and several types of coffee.
I don't know what sort of stay other people had; but mine was ok. While I wouldn't stay there again for the price we paid, it wasn't terrible. The breakfast was better than expected (better than I've had at proper chain motels) and the staff was really great.

Room Tip: All the rooms are accessed through halls from the lobby, so if you don't want to walk far ask fo...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anlyssa S
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

We booked our room without first looking at it. At first glance it was okay, the floors needed vacuuming and the hotel had a peculiar smell- old food perhaps? But when I went to climb into bed, I had a very unpleasant surprise- hair, crumbs and unidentified seeds between the sheets! They hadn't been changed- they were barely covering the mattress. The clerk on duty was initially very apologetic, he showed us another room, but the second room had not been dusted, and again, the sheets were dirty. I was appalled and ready to move on. The clerk got a little less pleasant at this point. He absolutely refused to reimburse us, and even recommended if we were so unsatisfied we should go see the crack hotel instead. He insisted to show us a final room, with a free upgrade, but I was we'll beyond interested in seeing another dirty room. The final room he showed us had no mattress pads, ill fitting sheets and stunk of mothballs. I was so upset and asked again to be given a refund. He flatly refused.

The next day we tried to talk to the manager. She was even less accommodating than the person we had dealt with the night before. We have not stayed overnight at this hotel, so perhaps we are not the best qualified to review it, but our experience with Superstition Inn and Suites was terrible.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank MissyFinn
Loveland, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

A friend and I made a trip to Apache Junction after plans for a trip to Bisbee and Tombstone had to be changed because of winter storm Q. We found the hotel on the Internet at a very good price. The staff was not too friendly but everything else was fine. Our room was clean. It was nice and quiet. Plenty of hot water. Did not partake of the complimentary breakfast. Air conditioner in the room rattled but it did not keep me awake. Would stay there again. Good access to the Apache Trail.

Room Tip: 219 is quite nice. At the top of the stairs on the second floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lara M
Eugene, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

Not having checked out hotels on Tripadvisor prior to our stop in Apache Junction, we stopped at the 1st hotel we saw off the interstate. I should have turned around as soon as i walked into the lobby. Bad odor. Desk fellow was nice enough, showed me a room. Figured it would do. Negative thot's: very rough towels, no complimentary newspaper, bed so-so, not a clean room, cluttered lobby, breakfast? one small funky tray for my hubby's food (very limited poor choices) and I had to find a plate in the small kitchen cupboard and rinse it off before i could eat anything! teensy cups for cold cereal. only positive about our stay: good coffee. we were given a "deal" for the room. $79 + taxes. Total paid: $92 and some change. A $2.50 utility tax added to the rate and taxes. weird charge.
I heard the next day in Globe (at a VERY decent Days Inn) that the Inn was formerly a Super 8. And that Super 8 would not re-up this hotel's franchise. What does that tell us?

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mesa Superstition Springs
Sleep Inn Superstition Springs Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Mesa

Been to Motel 6 Apache Junction? Share your experiences!