“My Birthday Present”

Richard Petty Driving Experience
Ranked #5 of 14 things to do in Avondale
More attraction details
Owner description: Get behind the wheel in one of our 8 – 80 lap driving programs or Ride-Along shotgun for 3 high-speed laps at over 20 tracks nationwide – including Phoenix International Speedway!
Litchfield Park, Arizona
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“My Birthday Present”
Reviewed 4 October 2012

My wife and I always have problems picking out gifts for each other. She gave me Driving Experience. The one problem I had was getting in and out the car window (6'3" = 265lbs)
But i got in and now understand why race cars drivers are not my size. I own and have owned quick cars but the NASCAR ones are just a skin on a frame with a big motor. I recommend it for gear head that want's to try something new. Belongs on every car nuts bucket list!

Visited November 2011

El Paso, Texas, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A once in a lifetime gift for a special stepdad”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

My daughter purchased a ride along for her stepdad for Christmas. Ive never seen that man so happy:) Definately recommend. I'm going on one next!

Visited April 2012
San Angelo
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My wife gave me a gift of driving about 2 years ago. We flew into Phoenix from Texas since I have so many relatives out there. We had 28 people show up to watch. I did the 30 lap choice. The first thing we drivers did was go through an orientation of what we were going to do, how to do it and what to do if there was any question while we were doing it. By the time we each took our turn driving, we knew what to do. We followed another car that was our leader. We maintained a distance behind him as he set the pace.

From the start, the power of the car was breath taking. My 30 laps were divided into 3 segments. First 8 laps, the second was 10 laps and the last was 12 laps. In the first segment, I felt completely at ease after 3 laps. The cars have 4 speed standard transmissions, but once you get into forth gear there is no need to downshift. In forth gear just hitting the gas pushes you back into the seat. It is really something to experience. Safety is stressed here. The reason the laps were broken up into 3 segments was so at the end of each segment the could check the car and tires over so there was no chance of a problem.

Their crews entire attitude is for you to have a great experience. The last segment was at about 111 mph. I would recommend this to anyone that's into racing.

Visited August 2011