“Wanna go fast? Part 2;-)”

Richard Petty Driving Experience
Ranked #5 of 14 things to do in Avondale
More attraction details
Owner description: Get behind the wheel in one of our 8 – 80 lap driving programs or Ride-Along shotgun for 3 high-speed laps at over 20 tracks nationwide – including Phoenix International Speedway!
Reviewed 7 April 2013

My family bought me an 18 lap driving experience for Christmas last year so we scheduled the experience for the week after the Autoclub 500 at Fontana and drove to Vegas.

What a wild time! The experience from start to finish was beyond excellent!

My RSI, right seat instructor, Mike was incredible.

We went out for 8 laps and then are brought in to pit road for critiquing. At that time my fastest lap was only 118mph. Mike told me if I wanted to go faster, I needed to listen to him and follow his direction.

For the next 10 laps I drove between 140 and my 142.41! What a rush! OMG!

I had the best time and if I wasn't trying to buy a house right now I would have taken them up on the offer to go another 12 laps for $199.

I think this is something every race fan should do. It really makes you feel alive.

The drawback is that it's expensive and addicting. Kinda like crack. Ha ha, just kidding;-)

Reviewed 29 October 2012

Love, love, love this!

My hubby bought me the Rookie package for out anniversary. 8 laps with a RSI (right seat instructor). I was the best present ever! I only got up to 101 but my goal was to go over 100 so I can't complain. Next time, I'll go faster;-)

The only draw back is the cost. The experience itself was almost $500 and then I bought the large plaque, the thumb-drive of the race and a T-shirt for an additional $206! Ouch! Oh, and it was HOT, HOT, HOT! And I had a 9:30 am drive time.

Would I recommend this? If you've ever said, "I could do that" while watching Nascar, then put your money where your mouth is and do it;-)

1  Thank SnapDragonfly
Reviewed 4 October 2012

My wife and I always have problems picking out gifts for each other. She gave me Driving Experience. The one problem I had was getting in and out the car window (6'3" = 265lbs)
But i got in and now understand why race cars drivers are not my size. I own and have owned quick cars but the NASCAR ones are just a skin on a frame with a big motor. I recommend it for gear head that want's to try something new. Belongs on every car nuts bucket list!

Reviewed 15 June 2012

My daughter purchased a ride along for her stepdad for Christmas. Ive never seen that man so happy:) Definately recommend. I'm going on one next!

Reviewed 7 June 2012

My wife gave me a gift of driving about 2 years ago. We flew into Phoenix from Texas since I have so many relatives out there. We had 28 people show up to watch. I did the 30 lap choice. The first thing we drivers did was go through an orientation of what we were going to do, how to do it and what to do if there was any question while we were doing it. By the time we each took our turn driving, we knew what to do. We followed another car that was our leader. We maintained a distance behind him as he set the pace.

From the start, the power of the car was breath taking. My 30 laps were divided into 3 segments. First 8 laps, the second was 10 laps and the last was 12 laps. In the first segment, I felt completely at ease after 3 laps. The cars have 4 speed standard transmissions, but once you get into forth gear there is no need to downshift. In forth gear just hitting the gas pushes you back into the seat. It is really something to experience. Safety is stressed here. The reason the laps were broken up into 3 segments was so at the end of each segment the could check the car and tires over so there was no chance of a problem.

Their crews entire attitude is for you to have a great experience. The last segment was at about 111 mph. I would recommend this to anyone that's into racing.