“Pretty good Mexican food”

Manny's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #77 of 147 Restaurants in Avondale
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 16 December 2012

I have visited Manny's a bunch of times over the past 6 years or so, and I would like to say that it has been a pretty consistent experience. The food is pretty good, especially if you are able to take advantage of the discounts frequently offered through Entertainment.com or Groupon from time to time. With the discounts, it is an outstanding value.

Service is better at some times than others, but I have never had a truly bad service experience. More often than not, the service is excellent.

Just about everything on the menu is good, but it is not quite up to what one might find at other similar restaurants. I think that Manny's is just a matter of individual preference of one type of Mexican cooking versus another. Again, if you can get a discount, it is well worth giving it a try.

1  Thank AZ4JZ

Reviewed 24 April 2012

We had great service and food was very good. Nice ambience - very Mexican.

1  Thank LER_8
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Manny's is located in Avondale, Arizona. The place is beautiful, plenty of space for parking and well decorated. However, the service was slow, and the food not so great. Lets start with the tortilla chips and salsa that was not tasty at all (even the one at Sam's tastes better). The food came out burnt and flavor less. Portions were good, but the food is far away from what real Mexican food is. Me and my friends were disappointed!

*Read other reviews: that place is goin' down hill!!!

2  Thank Swadeshi1
Reviewed 20 February 2012

It's sad when it goes downhill...cold, tasteless food, lack of service -the only thing good was the ice cold beer. I also asked for one of the tacos in a flour torilla...was told it only came in corn. We asked if it was pre-made? And was told there would be an extra 50 cents charge for it to be put in a flour tortilla? REALLY!???

3  Thank joalleB
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I have been there several times, most recently in December 2011. The food is usually very good, but this time I was disappointed. I ordered a burrito an it was bland and the meat was unidentifiable. The rest of my party's meals seemed okay. I also had a frozen margirita and it was very weak. Maybe I just hit it on a off day, but judging by my past experience, I expected more from them.

4  Thank bwco