“The”

Manny's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #77 of 147 Restaurants in Avondale
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Food is just ok....I have had better. Way over priced food for what you get. It seems all the restaurants in the area are charging $2.50 to $3 for drinks that is outrageous. The person taking out order was speed talking I had her repeat 3 times still had no idea what she said. Seats were hard. Restaurant looks clean. Friendly place very quiet not many customers. Been there 3 times same experience each time nothing to brag about.

1  Thank me y

Reviewed 8 June 2013

This was a 30 minute drive from home, which in Phoenix, is a distance. The chips & salsa were good. I ordered the sampler, so try a little of a few things. I'm unsure if it was the meat or the maybe the grease the tacos were fried in, but something smelled bad. It didn't taste bad thought. I ordered the fried ice cream for dessert. My boyfriend ordered the churro sundae. The FIC wasn't anything special. The churro sundae was scoops of ice cream with a halved churro stuck in the glass.

1  Thank Jill G
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I usually buy groupons to try new restaurants opening up. I've noticed this place Mannys for years since moving to west side and figured I'd try it out for half price. I was thoroughly disappointed from the time I walked in. We got greeted after standing for 5 mins, then by the time we got a server was another 5-7 mins. We ordered the queso dip as appetizer it came out lukewarm and hard to dip the chips in, we asked our server to warm it up and this is where it got worse, it came back hot, but there was a crust around the side of the bowl, like when you microwave things at home!!! Everyone knows that happens to bowls in the micro, it was unreal. I was disgusted from then on and can not comment on the rest of the meal properly. But we got tacos and enchiladas and they were below average. There might of been 1 server and 1 helper for the whole place, terrible service, terrible food, we will never be back or recommend. Wasn't even good for half off groupon price..

1  Thank Lisbur
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Like the title says. I've never had a bad time or bad meal here. The food is always fresh and hot. The beer is always cold and plentiful

1  Thank Stuntkok
Reviewed 16 December 2012

I have visited Manny's a bunch of times over the past 6 years or so, and I would like to say that it has been a pretty consistent experience. The food is pretty good, especially if you are able to take advantage of the discounts frequently offered through Entertainment.com or Groupon from time to time. With the discounts, it is an outstanding value.

Service is better at some times than others, but I have never had a truly bad service experience. More often than not, the service is excellent.

Just about everything on the menu is good, but it is not quite up to what one might find at other similar restaurants. I think that Manny's is just a matter of individual preference of one type of Mexican cooking versus another. Again, if you can get a discount, it is well worth giving it a try.

1  Thank AZ4JZ