“Lunch Stop Pit”

Flavors of Louisiana
Ranked #3 of 146 Restaurants in Avondale
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Description: We are an authentic Cajun food restaurant. The owner is a Baton Rouge native with roots in New Orleans and White Castle Louisiana. Most people believe Cajun food is hot and spicy when in actuality Cajun food is all about the flavor. You will find that Flavors of Louisiana is truly all about flavor. We have Gumbo,Po-boys, Oysters, Catfish, Alligator, Crawfish just to name a few items. Come on out and let us bring the bayou to you!!!
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

For Arizona Southern Style place it's was pretty good. Bread was fresh and good. Hush puppies were good and fried green tomatoes in my opinion less corn meal in batter would be better. My grandmother was from Mississippi and her hush puppies to fried green tomatoes where a memory that can't be replaced. Service was at first uninviting as the cashier was yelling to the back about an employee that was clocking out or not. But she stayed ontop of table drink refills. So good for you on that... Food not bad was worth trying for myself. Happy Eating!!!

1  Thank MandRSanchez

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I decided to try something new and this place was highly rated online. Unfortunately they were too busy to wait on my son and I so we left. Before leaving I told the gentlemen upfront that we had waited sometime and several people were receiving service ahead of us, but he didn't seem to care.

2  Thank Simply_foodie
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Oyster Po - Boys in Phoenix can be hazardous to ones health, so seafood recommendations are hard to endorse. This place has it all right. Fresh, good portions, modest prices, quality ingredients, excellent service. Easy access and parking in front. I liked the casual atmosphere and the smiling staff. One gets the idea they believe in this place and I think you will, too. Let's
give them plenty of business so they stay open, folks. We have to go back for dessert; they have peach cobbler. From Phoenix take Exit 129 off the 10 going West. Turn Right on Dysart, turn Right on Santa Fe Blvd, see it on Right. They close early so check the hours before you go.

2  Thank Savvygal23
Reviewed 4 March 2014

If you're looking for a po boy...gater...shrimp etouffee...at a reasonable price...and don't mind eating on paper plates...this is the spot!! Never would have found this place if it hadn't been for a friend who moved here from Louisiana...and told us to try it!!

1  Thank Freddie707
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This place has great food, it is sort of a hole in the wall gem, I recommend it all of the time. This place take me back to the time I live in Louisiana. It is a must go for cajun food lovers!

1  Thank kujoque