“Good food but bathroom needs help” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Hawaiian, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Lake Forest, California
“Good food but bathroom needs help”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

The food was really good & the establishment looked great. I usually don't use public restrooms but sometimes your body doesn't care where you are. In the womens restroom the water in the toilet was going constantly. I tried flushing & found the reason why the water wouldn't stop. The chain was broken. I lifted up the back lid & noticed the lid was almost fully cracked in half. I lifted the chain to help flush the toilet and placed the lid back on appropriately. Washed my hands & went to the front to order my food. After ordering I let that female employee know about their bathroom and said it quietly since I didn't want any customers thinking they didn't care about upkeep. She said thank you for letting her know and I didn't see her say anything about it to any other employee or go to the restroom to help handle anything. This was between noon & 1pm on Tuesday Dec 10th 2013. The food and service was great but the bathroom needs some work.

North Carolina
“Good food for displaced locals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

If you're looking for the genuine Ono's like one on Kapahulu Ave, Honolulu, this is not it. For mainland "Hawaiian" food, this is good enough.

Food actually gets better longer you stay away from home, LOL

Our only gripe is that they have no Lau Lau or Manapua at this restaurant, which is a Hawaiian staple...really, it's like Western equivalent of "steak & eggs" without Steak, Ham & cheese without ham, Hamburger without meat!

Service is always good and people are friendly enough to want to keep coming back.

Price, as with most places now days, are on the rise but, it's still affordable for occasional eating out.

For all you "health concious" eaters, this is not the place for you, even with out Lau Lau, Manapua or Poi. Hawaiian/local food is no diet food!

• Visited October 2013
Avondale, Arizona
“Going downhill!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

My family and I have been going to Ono's in Avondale for close to 8 years. We loved the food, service and atmosphere up until the last couple of visits. The place has gone downhill. It's dirty and trashy looking. Broken tables, dirty floors and plenty of filth. Looks as though they have new owners who are not very friendly. The only person I recognized was working on the back line and he used to be up front greeting customers with a smile. The food has also gone downhill. The portions are smaller and the chicken is thinner. The scoop of macaroni salad has turned into a small spoonful. The BBQ and Katsu sauce were also cold and running out. It took about 15 minutes to get our order which consisted of 2 regular meals even though there was no one in front of us. Ridiculously long wait time. I am extremely disappointed and will not be back for a long time.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

I had never been here before, but it was a great discovery! You get quite a bit of food. I always split a meal with my girlfriend and we still come out with leftovers.

Visited September 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Different twist on "asian" food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

You think you're going to get typical Asian fare, but then there's the Hawaiian twist with bananas, Spam, etc.! Interesting different flavors. Reasonable prices.

Visited June 2012