Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Avondale
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The hotel was nice and the staff went out of their way. The only negative was the smell in the room (smoking room) and the furniture was pretty worn. They could of used some good air freshener to make it smell better even though I'm a smoker.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
afuchs, Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments about your stay. It's great to hear that overall it was a great visit. I think we have a great staff that goes the extra mile to make sure all of our guests enjoy their visit. I was disappointed that the smell in your room was not pleasing to you. I'm working with our housekeeping staff to fix that issue. I hope on your next visit you'll have a truly fresh smelling room and enjoy your visit even more.

Thanks again for your comments!

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We had an excellent stay here! The check in staff were courteous and gave suggestions regarding restaurants, etc. in the area. The housekeeping staff was AMAZING! Beyond the call of duty! Breakfast was standard; could use some changes. We appreciated the fact we could stay in an affordable room for our family outside Phoenix Metro Area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Monica S

It's always great to read reviews like yours! I think we have a great staff as well and try to dleiver that special Hilton hospitality! We do have a great housekeeping staff that works hard to create a great room atmosphere that allows you to truly relax after a long day. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast. We do try and change things up always trying to have something available that will please a majority of the guests. We're always working on new ideas for all of our meal functions. I do hope we'll have the opportunity to host you or your family again if you're in the Avondale area in the future.

Thanks for sharing your expeirence with us!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Friendly staff Day and Night. Clean; pretty quiet between rooms. Internet in the desert seems a bit sporadic no matter where you are outside of the major cities, but we were able to connect with Facebook and work with occasional drops and re-opens. Hot, fresh breakfast and dinners available. Good location off "The 10"!

Room Tip: 4th Floor is much quieter as you do not have upper floor noise coming down at you. We were not far f...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thanks so much for sharing your experience of your week as our guest. I can't say enough good things about our very friendly and courteous staff. I'm glad to hear that they did a great job taking care of your family. While I think our hotel is relatively quiet overall, the fourth floor while farther away from everything does provide a quiet getaway if that is your desire. I'm also pleased to read that our breakfast which we serve daily and dinner which is served Monday through Thursday exceeeded your expectations. It's always gratifying to hear from guests that have thouroughly enjoyed their visit here. I do hope should business or pleasure bring you to the area again you'll stay with us again!

Thanks so much for your comments!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

My air conditioner broke, so i was forced to stay at a hotel. This hotel was in an excellent location near restaurants and movies. I especially enjoyed the breakfast and the pool. The people who work at the hotel made my stay more enjoyable too.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The room was very nice and clean. The service was by far the best I've had in a while. I stay at quite a few hotels throughout the year and I rate the service at this hotel at the top of all experiences. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I travel for business regularly but it is rare to stay in a hotel room that actually feels as clean and comfortable and cozy as home. This experience was truly a relaxing time at the end of long business days. I slept like a baby. Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed for 5 days on business. Saved money thanks to the complimentary dinner and breakfasts. Cooked in the room every night with the provided pans and utensils, and used the provided dishwasher. Only two minor problems... 1) Had to ask the front desk for dishwashing soap when it wasn't replaced 2) Fitness center was missing 3.5 sets of dumbells from the pictures on the website. That may not affect most travelers, but it is a deal breaker for me. If future stays have fitness center deficiencies I will find another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
afuchs, General Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for your response - and for letting me know about the weights in the fitness center. This is being rectified immediately. Please accept my apologies for your inconvenience during your stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Avondale
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
Hampton Inn & Suites Goodyear
Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale
Comfort Suites Univ. of Phoenix Stadium Area
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate

Been to Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale? Share your experiences!