“Nice Hilton On The Outskirts Of Phoenix”

Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Avondale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 July 2009

I stayed here for one night. June 10th, 2009. I had a non-smoking King room. Second floor, Room # 231. This room cost me $ 109 USD per night. The front desk staff was very cheerful and helpful. This hotel is located right off the exit along Inter-state 10. The room was big and clean and comfortable. Everything worked, T.V. and A.C.
I ate at their restaurant, and had a good meal.
My room overlooked the swimming pool.
I left my drapes opened all night, and, when I woke in the morning, the reflection from the pool waters, were dancing on my room ceiling. That was a nice wake-up effect.
Right across the courtyard from the front entrance of this hotel, Hilton built another property, a Homewood Suites hotel. They are facing each other.
Outside, across the back parking lot, is located a Ruby Tuesday restaurant.
As I always do...I enjoyed my stay at this Hilton. Ya just can't beat a Hilton, I've never stayed in a bad one.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale

Reviewed 16 June 2009

I'm staying here now for business and this is a very nice hotel. The staff are all very friendly and helpful, the rooms are very nice, breakfast is great, free internet access can't be beat. Would stay here again and feel comfortable bringing my son. There's a nice pool and outside covered patio. Would highly recommend. Mitzi in the breakfast area this morning was particularly helpful and friendly. I didn't use it but the fitness center looked very nice with plenty of up to date equipment.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2009

I ended up staying at this hotel because it was in the Hilton network and it was the highest quality hotel in the area for the least amount of money. It was a good deal. Clean, large room and friendly service. That is what I have come to expect from the Hilton Suite hotels.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2008

We recently stayed here for one night after a week of touring S. Az - wanted to be near Goodyear (to meet with friends) and also not far from the airport for our departure next day.

This place hasn't been opened long but was in a great location, easy to find just off Interstate # 10. Was initially worried about the noise being near this major highway, but we faced west (even had a great sunset view!) and didn't hear a thing (other then some noisy door-slamming neighbours!!)

Rooms were very nice and beds very comfortable (we had a king) and although we didn't use it , we liked the idea of having a microwave (snacks and entrees avilable in the lobby for purchase, in case you arrive after restaurant hours) in addition to a fridge and coffee maker.

We tried the "American Grill" off the lobby with friends who met us here - and despite no one else was in it (we were perhaps eating a bit early?) the food was great and our waiter was very accomodating for the 2 kids that were visiting with us. Wide range of choices and the pizza's were yummy! A few more patrons were present the next morning enjoying the $9'95 buffet - with specific hot choices available like omelets, french toast, etc for order - delicious!

Staff were friendly and efficient and other staff were constantly keeping the place immaculate. They have a nice outside pool area with patio but it was a bit cool when we were there to use. We did not have to use the AC in the room so not sure how noisy it would've been (believe previous reviews had complained about this).

Although this side of Interstate #10 here is relatively undeveloped - imagine next time we come here that will have change! Right now just a "Ruby Tuesday" near hotel but not far to many other shops and eating places just north on Avondale Rd. We liked also how close this place is the main international airport in Phoenix- as long as you don't have any traffic problems - we left on a Sat. a..m. with hardly any traffic at all!

If we are in area again would definitely choose this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2007

This hotel is newly opened, and a Homewood Suites is right out the front door is set to open on the 24th of October.

The only drawback of the hotel is that it is on the otherside of the highway and away from all the restaurants etc.

However, the shuttle service is more than happy to bring you there.

The shuttle brought me from the hotel to the Glendale Arena (7 miles away and got me to the right entrance without a problem)

The rooms are very comfortable and the beds are the best i've seen in my life.

Internet service is excellent and the restaurant here is open for breakfast, lunch & dinner (which is the only one i've seen at a Hilton Garden Inn) to be open for all three meals, usually is only open for breakfast and dinner.

Front desk was great and was great with setting up sedan service to airport.

Note: From Hotel to Airport is 20 to 30 mins depending on day and time.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2007

Driving from Tucson to Fresno I stopped at this property at about 10:00 PM on a Friday. I was very pleased with the quality of the lobby and its furnishings. The staff at check-in was pleasant. The room was impressive. This was my first stay at a Hilton Garden Inn and I have decided to choose them much more often.

The most impressive part of this brand new hotel was the bed. Simply put the bed was amazing. I thought the A/C worked well for the Arizona heat, and unlike the previous reviewer I enjoy the "white noise" from the A/C...it actually helps me sleep.

The furnishings were new, nice and comfortable. All in all I felt the quality was excellent for the price. I do not plan to drive this route again but I will be staying at another Hilton Garden Inn in Livermore, CA because I was impressed with the quality of this property.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2007

This is a relatively new property, but it has a major problem. When the A/C units in the rooms kick on, they sound like a jet engine starting up. I lost count of the number of times the AC woke me up during the night. You can't shut it off because it's Arizona and you need air-conditioning. I was at the hotel as part of a conference. Everyone attending had the same complaint about the rooms.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business
4  Thank Seats42
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avondale
Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale
Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Hampton Inn & Suites Goodyear
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area
Comfort Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Goodyear
#2 of 9 in Goodyear

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale? Share your experiences!