“Be aware of the inside (hotel) and outside (motel) units”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Alma
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Amisha Patel - the operations manager - was very helpful and accommodating.
Breakfast was good compared to the others we had experienced in N. Carolina, most having just cereal and sweet rolls. They had several choices, including 2 kinds of eggs and Canadian bacon - good if you got them while they were hot.

Room was fine - a typical motel room - but the bed was not particularly comfortable even thou they told us they had put in new beds in 2008. Otherwise the room was clean - I agree about the window coverings, no way to let in light without having the whole world look in.

We enjoyed playing games in the breakfast room on a rainy day. Also, the internet service was great - just one, I think, but convenient to the lobby.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main part of the hotel. Quieter and more convenient to amenities - espec...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
LARHotels_GuestRep, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. It is very important for us that our guests feel comfortable and home. We are also delighted that you like the breakfast that we have for our guest. And we highly appreciate the kind words that you have for our staffs. I’ll make sure to let them know your comment as we always strive for the best customer experience. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 28 June 2011

Stayed here for $77 for a room with two queens. Stains on the carpet, cigarette burn on the sheets. I threw away both the eggs and cereal from the complimentary breakfast because they were too stale to eat. Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011

I’m deeply saddened by the experience that we had with our hotel. Thank you very much for drawing your attention to these problems. Rest assured that I will look into this matter and make sure that everyone is on the same page when it comes to dealing with our guest. Please accept my apology and I hope that you’ll come to visit us again with the new improvements that we have.

Reviewed 28 September 2010

We decided to stay in the Comfort Inn & Suites in Alma, AR. We have used the same hotel chain for the rest of our extended vacation and have thoroughly enjoyed each of the hotels.
However, we found out the hard way that this hotel has a hotel and a "motel" section. [First time I have seen this feature in all my travels in the U.S. and overseas.] For some reason they put us in the motel section. We asked for a non-smoking room when we made our reservations. Inside the main hotel there is no smoking; but in the area they put us in there were people smoking right next door to us. They had the smoking "outside ash-tray" less than 2 doors down (and my husband is allergic to smoke)!!
We had a hard time finding outlets in the room. The refrigerator is plugged into the back of the microwave; while that microwave, coffeepot, and television are all plugged into an extension cord that went 10 feet to the outlet. On the other side of the room the wall outlet cover is broken (which allows you to easily see that there is no electric box in the wall. Although the alarm clock is plugged into one outlet by itself, the other outlet has an extension cord which has 2 lamps plugged into it, and another extension cord plugged into it. That is the only available place to plug in computers, etc. The extension cord plugged into the other extension cord provided us with 3 available outlets. To close our curtain we had to use a paper clip (that a previous guest must have left for that purpose). The ceiling cover in the bathroom displays at least a half-a-dozen dead bugs.
Though we knew ahead of time that there was only a hot tub (when we arrived we found that only 4 people can use it at one time-and it is the only one available for the entire hotel/motel).
You can hear car doors opening and closing and animals barking.
We spent the same amount of money in Tucson, AZ (at the same chain) and were at a VERY nice hotel!! IF I would rate Tucson at a 5 out of 5-- I then have to give Alma, AR a negative number!!! Since I would probably give the Tucson hotel a 4 out of 5, you can guess that Alma definitely gets a bad score.
I have never written a review before for any hotel I have stayed in (in the U.S. or overseas), however I felt the need to let others know of the sad conditions (at least in the motel section).

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank osquatroCs

I appreciate the feedback that you have for our hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience that you’ve experience with us. Rest assured that I’ll look into this matter and address these issues right away. Please accept my apology. We would be glad to get another chance to convince you entirely with our service quality.

Reviewed 14 September 2010

We found a coupon in one of those booklets they have at rest areas and stayed one night while traveling for $55. This was in the main building; rooms in another building with outside entrances were $50. Hotel lobby looked very nice, but our room was not as clean as we would have expected at a Comfort Inn and had a musty smell. There were a bunch of bugs outside flying around in the parking lot - and unfortunately there were also some in the building. The place was quiet; breakfast looked OK but we got on the road and did not eat here. All in all, it was just adequate, and we would not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize about the cleanliness of the hotel. I’ll make sure to let the house keeping know your concern so we can address this right away. We would be glad to get another chance to convince you entirely with our service quality.

Reviewed 28 August 2010

thanks to TA reviewers we knew that there were older & newer rooms so called directly to reserve rather than online booking.
Good stuff: good bed, very good internet (room 112 near lobby), friendly front desk, clean.

Annoying stuff: hotel whirlpool is like an aquarium facing the lobby so anyone walking in can ogle you, not very relaxing after a long driving day.
Bathroom has a full length mirror facing the toilet so you can view yourself using it, gross. There's another FL mirror in the room so what's the point?
In-room coffee maker is set up 6' high so you can't see where to put the water or coffee pod. It is wired up there to make it very hard to move it. Dumb again. Not like other motel coffeemakers so not brainless operation.
No inner sheers on window curtains. Room faces cars so it's either midnight dark with no daylight or no privacy with curtains open.

For a nice hotel it's clear that owners never spent a night here to discover these wrong-headed features for themselves.

Note: we heard pets so it's legally pet-friendly.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you for complementing our bed and staff. I apologize about the mirrors and coffee pod. I’ll look into this matter. We would be glad to get another chance to convince you entirely with our service quality.

Reviewed 8 June 2010

The sleeping area was great and comforter and room up to date. The bathroom on the other hand....could have used tremendous amount of updates. Oh, and the door. There is a line of hotel rooms at the back of the main building. Quite nice being away from the main building but can hear everything outside the door like a motel. The choice of the location of my room was not available, but probably was cooler temperature due to location.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time in making this review. I apologize about the door and the noises outside. I’ll bring this up with our management so we can improve our service. We would be glad to get another chance to convince you entirely with our service quality.

Reviewed 27 December 2009

We recently spent 2 nights at this Comfort Inn, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The room was clean and well appointed. The only downside was a littlel noise from other rooms, but even that died down later in the evening. We stayed at the motel an extra day to avoid ice on the roads. What could have been a boring extra day turned out to be made pleasant by the cordial staff. As an added plus a Cracker Barrel restaurant is right next door, unfortunately, it was closed on Christmas Eve after 2:00 PM and on Christmas Day.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. It is very important for us that our guests feel comfortable and home. We are also delighted that you like the breakfast that we have for our guest. And we highly appreciate the kind words that you have for our staffs. I apologize about the noise and I’ll make sure to address this issue right away. I’ll make sure to let them know your comment as we always strive for the best customer experience. We look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alma
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Van Buren-Ft Smith Area
#6 of 7 in Van Buren
Sleep Inn & Suites Van Buren
#12 of 22 in Fort Smith
Best Western Aspen Hotel
Best Western Aspen Hotel
#4 of 22 in Fort Smith
Home2 Suites by Hilton Fort Smith

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!