“Great hotel - crappy bar next door”

Hampton Inn Arkadelphia
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Arkadelphia
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I've been staying at this hotel regularly for the last two years when I visit my Mom in Arkadelphia. The hotel is still great, but the new restaurant/bar next door has changed the atmosphere. There was a party going on at the Mirage till 2 AM on a Thursday night (Aug 22) with overflow parking filling the unpaved field between the hotel and the bar. The outdoor patio was loud as well. Request a room on the TaMolly's side of the hotel if you want to get any sleep. It's such a shame, this was always a quiet, clean hotel before.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

This is how a hotel stay should be. Very clean and attractive rooms, nice amenities and freindly, helpful staff. The hotel looks brand new, but I think it's been rennovated - very nice job. Breakfast was good and the staff was very attentive. I will defintely stay here again when travelling in the area.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Everything worked and the staff was helpful even checking in at 1am in the morning. This location had a breakfast bag to leave with that came in very handy. The breakfast was the normal breakfast for this hotel chain but had some of the little things that others in this chain have not had in the past when I stayed. This location felt very save and the staff was helpful and thanked me for staying with them. Would recommend this location to anyone traveling along I 30 in Arkansas.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

My wife and I were offered "one bed, or two beds" upon check-in. I automatically said one...not knowing that the one bed rooms are tiny (the bed greatly dominated the room....making my wife feel claustrophobic. The floor layout picture on the back of the door depicted rooms twice as large if I had chosen two beds. A two bed room could have been had either at the same price or a very small additional cost. Ask for the larger room at this hotel. In fact, always ask to see the floor plan before accepting any room!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paradise-8
Reviewed 16 August 2013

For the price, the hotel is VERY modern and clean. Everything looks very new and the staff was very friendly and prompt. Breakfast was excellent. My only complaint would be the ambient noise level from the hallway was a little loud- wish I had brought my ear plugs, but I am a light sleeper.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Both my wife & I thought that the room was too small. It needed more square footage to be adequate. While it had what we needed it was "crampted"..................and noticably so. While we understand efficency of design the architect should be asked to "live in" the room he designed for Hampton"s customers.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stayed here with a friend - we were driving back from the Midwest, and we had hoped to stay in Little Rock. For whatever reason, most hotels in LR were sold out. So the next best stop down I-30 was Arkadelphia. Based on good TA reviews and a great AAA price ($89.10) we decided to go for this property. And are we glad we did.

Our goals were simple: 1. Minimize time on/off the highway. Check - this is maybe a minute away from I-30. But the fact it is about 1 block off the main road, and far enough away from the highway, this was a very quiet location. 2. We were tired and hungry. A 300 mile bike ride had happened before we started this trip. So we wanted great food - and not far away. The highly rated Mirage Sports Bar and Grill was across the parking lot! Cheap, tasty, and great service. Check. 3. We were still a little hungry afterwards. Dessert! But where do we go? Our fine front desk person told us to go to the Exxon Station - for the best desserts and ice cream in the world. Turns out she was right. The River Ridge Ice Cream and Desserts had a separate entrance from the Exxon. HUGE chocolate dipped waffle ice cream bowls with creative mixers on a cold/frozen stone device. Easily the best ice cream I have had in 2013. Check.

Bellies full. Hassle free hotel. Easy on/off. While Little Rock would have been more exciting, for a power driving trip (which this was) we got home earlier the next day - and were well taken care of at both The Hampton Inn and Arkadelphia in general.

Why no five stars? I was down at breakfast at about 6:03am (start time was 6am). Hardly any food was out - and given that we were going to hit the road as soon as we ate something, I had to make due with what they had out - which wasn't much. A far better solution would be to have breakfast ready 10 minutes early - versus 10-15 minutes late.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arkadelphia
Comfort Inn
Motel 6 Arkadelphia
Motel 6 Arkadelphia
#6 of 11 in Arkadelphia
Americas Best Value Executive Inn & Suites Arkadelphia

Been to Hampton Inn Arkadelphia? Share your experiences!