Motel 6 Arkadelphia
Good 3.5/5
Excellent 5/5
College Inn Motel(Arkadelphia)
View Hotel
All reviewswaffle housegreat pricesmelled nicenothing fancynon smoking roomcarpettvfridgefreewaylinens
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 December 2010

It was like being at home! I felt very secure at this motel, especially since I could park close to my room and see my vehicle from the window. The friendly and professional staff made put me at ease, while the variety of nearby restaurants allowed me to choose the kind of food I wanted. I know I will to stay here again, when I am in the area.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Before I launch into how bad this Motel 6 in Arkadelphia is, I'll start off with a few positives:

1. The air conditioner in our room was incredible (very cold air), and even though I could hear dogs barking while I walked down the hallway to the room I never heard them once I closed the door to the room.

2. The person who checked us in was friendly (once she came in from her smoke break to actually check us in).

3. As opposed to past experience at Motel 6 facilities, you actually enter the room from the inside (which is good since the area seems pretty run down, even though there are several other motels and fast food restaurants along the same street).

4. Also, the sheets on the beds seemed clean...

However, the beds themselves were riddled with springs and highly uncomfortable -- which leads into the many negatives of this Motel 6.

For starters, the Motel 6 Arkadelphia needs to change the misleading billboards along the interstate (east and west) that advertise the rooms at this are "New," as this is most certainly not the case. This motel is very old, the whole facility smelled like someone was in the room smoking while mopping with a bucket of Pine-Sol, and the hallway carpet was so stained all it lacked was a chalk outline of a dead body.

The parking lot had a few people milling about out front when we arrived (around 9pm), which only added to the unease and general feeling of insecurity about this motel.

The motel is parallel to the interstate, which makes for an easy find once you exit but which also makes for a noisy night trying to sleep.

The towels in the bathroom were fairly disgusting. One of them looked like someone had cleaned up some rusty water and then put the towel out for our use. It should have been thrown away or used by the "cleaning" staff as a rag. This is unacceptable for any motel in any price range.

There was no on-site laundry, which was a major inconvenience. Also, the "vending machine" for drinks was a small Styrofoam cooler on the floor of the lobby with a sign on it. No, I am not kidding...

The Motel 6 Arkadelphia is perhaps acceptable for a single man (young college student?) looking for a quick, cheap night's sleep. However, for couples, families, or women on the road by themselves, I would highly suggest staying somewhere that is not as dirty or sketchy as this motel.

I will most definitely never stay at this motel again, and as a result of the quality of this motel I highly doubt I will stay at a Motel 6 again. The Motel 6 in Arkadelphia, Arkansas ranks among the worst places my wife and I have ever stayed (even for a Motel 6). I recommend avoiding it at all costs. If you are considering staying in Arkadelphia, AR, there are other options. They may not be as inexpensive at this motel, but you will be much better off at another establishment. Or, drive up the road a bit more to either Malvern or Texarkana (depending on the direction you're heading).

I believe the rooms were advertised at $39.99 for a single (plus tax). We paid $43.99 + tax for two people. If I remember correctly, other places in the same area ranged from $60-$90 (plus tax). It would have been worth every penny to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple