“Really nice for a Motel 6..."”

Motel 6 Arkadelphia
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Arkadelphia
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Having stayed at Motel 6's before, I prepared my family for a typical vanilla small-soap and thin towels experience. What I can say is the doors are on the inside of the building, which made us feel much safer. The motel is near many restaurants and the interstate highway 30. I was unexpectantly pleased with the bathtub. Usually Motel 6s are notorious for birdbath-sized bathtubs. The bathtub were was narrow but very deep. The beds were typical for Motel 6....comfortable but spartan. The lady at the front desk was one of the nicest I have ever met at a motel and went out of her way to make sure we were comfortable. It was 108 degrees when we arrived but the air conditioner in the room cooled the room nicely. The TV and internet wireless were excellent. The price for 3 people was most reasonable. I have only been in Arkansas twice in my life, but if I ever come through again, I think I will try to find this place. You can't ask for a better room on a tight budget. Also, for parents with kids...sorry, no pool.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank WaltonTiger

Reviewed 2 August 2011

This is your average budget motel. It is fine if you are passing thru and just need a place to stay for the night.The room itself seemed clean.The a/c blows cold. The bathroom was clean and had towels,soap,etc..The location was fine and safe.The hallway outside our room(it has indoor facing rooms) was dirty looking with stains on the carpet.And i got to say the hallway smelled like smoke even though all the rooms on the first floor seemed to be non smoking.. But i'm not staying in the hallway, so it didn't bother me too much.. If you are vacationing in the area, i would say you might want to stay at a nicer motel/hotel. But if you just want a place to stay for the night that is cheap, clean, and safe then this is just right..

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 December 2010

It was like being at home! I felt very secure at this motel, especially since I could park close to my room and see my vehicle from the window. The friendly and professional staff made put me at ease, while the variety of nearby restaurants allowed me to choose the kind of food I wanted. I know I will to stay here again, when I am in the area.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Before I launch into how bad this Motel 6 in Arkadelphia is, I'll start off with a few positives:

1. The air conditioner in our room was incredible (very cold air), and even though I could hear dogs barking while I walked down the hallway to the room I never heard them once I closed the door to the room.

2. The person who checked us in was friendly (once she came in from her smoke break to actually check us in).

3. As opposed to past experience at Motel 6 facilities, you actually enter the room from the inside (which is good since the area seems pretty run down, even though there are several other motels and fast food restaurants along the same street).

4. Also, the sheets on the beds seemed clean...

However, the beds themselves were riddled with springs and highly uncomfortable -- which leads into the many negatives of this Motel 6.

For starters, the Motel 6 Arkadelphia needs to change the misleading billboards along the interstate (east and west) that advertise the rooms at this are "New," as this is most certainly not the case. This motel is very old, the whole facility smelled like someone was in the room smoking while mopping with a bucket of Pine-Sol, and the hallway carpet was so stained all it lacked was a chalk outline of a dead body.

The parking lot had a few people milling about out front when we arrived (around 9pm), which only added to the unease and general feeling of insecurity about this motel.

The motel is parallel to the interstate, which makes for an easy find once you exit but which also makes for a noisy night trying to sleep.

The towels in the bathroom were fairly disgusting. One of them looked like someone had cleaned up some rusty water and then put the towel out for our use. It should have been thrown away or used by the "cleaning" staff as a rag. This is unacceptable for any motel in any price range.

There was no on-site laundry, which was a major inconvenience. Also, the "vending machine" for drinks was a small Styrofoam cooler on the floor of the lobby with a sign on it. No, I am not kidding...

The Motel 6 Arkadelphia is perhaps acceptable for a single man (young college student?) looking for a quick, cheap night's sleep. However, for couples, families, or women on the road by themselves, I would highly suggest staying somewhere that is not as dirty or sketchy as this motel.

I will most definitely never stay at this motel again, and as a result of the quality of this motel I highly doubt I will stay at a Motel 6 again. The Motel 6 in Arkadelphia, Arkansas ranks among the worst places my wife and I have ever stayed (even for a Motel 6). I recommend avoiding it at all costs. If you are considering staying in Arkadelphia, AR, there are other options. They may not be as inexpensive at this motel, but you will be much better off at another establishment. Or, drive up the road a bit more to either Malvern or Texarkana (depending on the direction you're heading).

I believe the rooms were advertised at $39.99 for a single (plus tax). We paid $43.99 + tax for two people. If I remember correctly, other places in the same area ranged from $60-$90 (plus tax). It would have been worth every penny to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple