“Worth the stay”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Arkadelphia
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
“Worth the stay”
Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

Very nice people .rooms very clean and modern .great ac. t.v. is big and in a great place you do not get a neck pain trying to watch it. Within walking distance of several restaurants.staff very helpful made some recommendation of other hotels to visit.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We made reservations over the phone. We got there and went in and the guy at the desk was very nice and helpful. We are transporter and I was driving a motorcoach and my husband was pulling a travel trailer. The guy told us where we could park. He was so helpful. We got to the room and it was very clean and nice. We were very impressed. Don't go by what it looks like outside. The room was clean and remodeled. We will stay again. Very good price!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 17 March 2013

After realizing earlier in the day we were going to need lodging in arkadelphia we hopped on line and booked a room at a fair price. I didn't have high expectations based on previous experiences from many years ago. I was very surprised. The guy in charge was VERY friendly, polite and helpful. He provided a level of service I usually don't see at places 3x the price.

The motel is set up so that all rooms are internal. More secure that way though it doesn't look like much from the outside. The area its located in is basically a giant truck/rest stop with a lot of motels and all night fast food places (waffle house is as good as it gets).

We got room 106 which was great. Everything was clean, looked nice, everything worked, looked recently remodeled. The showers were warm, no plumbing issues. The beds comfortable. The condition of the room was better than most La Quinta's we tend to stay in.

Like I said the guy in charge was really good. Friendly, checked up on us every time we came out, offered up extra covers (it was a cold night) without having to be asked. No problems getting the wifi code or logging on. I realized we forgot to pack towels and asked him the closest place to get some and he gave me a few for free.

Friendly, helpful staff, clean functional non-stinking rooms, what more could you want in budget accommodations. If your passing through the area its a good choice.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I was a little nervous about this Motel 6 based on other reviews. However, when I arrived I immediately felt welcomed by the friendly desk staff. And during my stay every staff member I saw smiled and said hello to me, which is a bit unusual for a Motel 6. While the hotel is older and does have some cosmetic problems (dirty hall carpet, broken security chains on the room door) my room was extremely clean and comfortable at an excellent price. Plus I felt like the employees actually care about their job here and that does make a difference in the motel atmosphere. As far as the location goes, it is your average highway exit mix of hotels and restaurants and it felt perfectly safe to me. Plenty of grass for walking dogs too.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Saint Peters, Missouri
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My stay at motel 6 was terrible. i book here on the motel 6 web site and I also look at reviews here on trip advisor. The picture you see on the web site and picture from trip advisor looks
nothing like the motel 6 in caddo valley. The building is old, parking lot needs to be redone. The carpet was extremely filthy, bathroom sink came apart, mattress had stuffing sticking out of it. The best thing about this motel is that it had 4 locks on the door because this did not look like a safe area. I stayed for 2 nights and will never stay again. Pick another motel thats my advice.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank hope122
Hot Springs, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I have been staying at this motel for a couple of weeks now while my husband is working nearby. The first night I checked in I inadvertently gave the clerk $20 too much and would probably never have even known except if the guy had not come to find me on my way up to my room and BROUGHT IT BACK TO ME!!!!! I was so impressed with his honesty!!!!

The entire experience has been very positive & we were just paying day by day at first (which was a great price $51.51 per night) and once we realized we were going to be staying longer than expected the supervisor let me know that if we paid 5 days or more at once the room was only $25.99 per night!!!! Also, we have our dog, a Boxer, staying with us and they don't charge a thing for your pets to stay!!!!

The only downside is that there is no microwave or mini fridge in the rooms but its a very small price to pay for such great staff, service and a great price! We just brought a small ice chest and haven't really noticed the absence of a fridge much at all.

Its very convenient to restaurants and lake activities as well!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We're in our third room and the AC can't compete with the heat. The first two rooms had direct afternoon sun. It didn't take long to figure out that there was no way those rooms would cool down. The third room is on the other side and is very slowly cooling down. We've been here for almost three hours and it's just below miserable.

But... They allow pets and they're really cheap. The lady at the front desk was extremely nice and has been as helpful as she could possibly be. The water pressure is really good, too. Beds are kind of lumpy and hard, but of the room will just please get cold, I'll be happy.

• Stayed August 2011