“Clean and Comfortable” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Arkadelphia
Ferris, Texas
“Clean and Comfortable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We just stayed the night while picking up my mother in law. While I found the motel clean and comfortable the road noise does keep you up. It is rather close to the highway but I still felt safe not a whole lot of foot traffic going on. No frills I wouldn't stay for a week but if I needed a room again in a hurry I would be good.

Room Tip: 201 and 203 are clean.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
1 Thank bjaytaylor
lena g, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for your honest and straight review and we are happy your stay with us was good. Next time you visit ask for a room in back by the lawn and pool. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us. Regards Lena

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Silver Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

we stayed 5 days here. I am handicapped and expedia had gotten our reservations incorrect. We asked for a handicapped room. grund floor, king bed.. We did get ground floor, but 2 double beds. The room was very clean, Down comforters and pillows.. very nice sheets.. The GM at the front desk, Lena, was awesome.She realized when we checked in that expedia had not booked us for a handicapped room, She deeply apologized and said she would be happy to get us into a handicapped room. There was already a couple in the handicapped room and after she talked to them, they gladly switched to a different room s we could have the handicapped room. They brought in a more comfortable chair for me.. offered numberous other ammeneties to us and even fixed the toilet and was willing to add more non slip strips to the shower.. They totally treated us like we were special! Their aim was to Please!. I just cant say enough about the staff. The young ladies who ran the AWESOME breakfast buffett. were on the ball, They kept the food filled and hot.. no crumbs anywhere, The breakfast was not like your usual danish and coffee.. they had 4 different types of juice, tea, coffee, hot cocoa, cereals. belgian waffles, biscuits and gravy( they best) eggs, sausage, bagels, danish, muffins and more! The young ladies who worked the buffett was fantastic, They kept everything stocked well, tables wiped.. everything hot.. It was amazing..Thank you for such a wonferful stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Carole Nostrand G
Wow! Thank you it was just common decency to make sure my guests are taken care of. I truly want to convey how important it is to hear if we got the job done. As we all know the summer months are very busy for everyone and so many guests pass through our little part of the world and you took a few minutes to say thank you. So I am thanking you right back and so looking forward to your next stay. Regards lena
lawrenceville,ga
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Before I make comments on this hotel, I would like to point out that I have made over 200 contributions to Tripadvisor. I have stayed in a LOT of hotels. I am a Platinum Member with the Choice properties and a Gold with Hilton and Marriott. This means that I continue to stay in a LOT of hotels. I am just home from 10 nights at 6 different properties.

For the price, you cannot expect much out of this property. They were full the two nights I stayed. I was enroute from Houston to Batesville, Arkansas and the other hotels ( in the area) were booked or quite expensive. That is the main reason I stayed here. There is a newer Holiday Inn Express, a Comfort Inn or Hampton Inn nearby and next time I will check with them.

The hotel is right off the interstate and I did not have a problem finding it. The grounds are certainly not manicured but weedy with cigarette butts all over the place. The stair cases are rusty and dirty.There is old furniture stacked up in the hallway. There is water dripping from the overhangs and the outside hallway has stained carpeting. The rooms are OK and this is why I stayed two nights, as I knew it would be tough to find another place. My room had lightbulbs burned out and toenails on the floor. But it was quiet and the bed was comfortable.

There is a computer in the front lobby but no printer whatsoever. I have run into places where the printer is not working and the front desk will offer to print something for you but NOT here . I did ask and was told ( by the manager who comments in other reviews) that this was not a 5 star hotel. True, as she was running around in shorts/tennis shoes/shirt. She and I spoke and she is very defensive about everything. Telling me how busy they are and that many people LOVE their property. My reply was that I would be putting a review on Tripadvisor. She replied that she was sure I would. She did not care at all about what I had to say. I showed her my Platinum Choice Card and that made no difference at all. Typically, they realize that you are a loyal customer and are helpful but not at this location. I called the Choice corporate line to complain and they appreciated my time and the information.

My internet did not work in the room, so I had to go to the lobby. Another guest came to check in ( around 6:30) and looked at the hotel with dismay. She had two children with her. I told her that the rooms were ok. She went to grab some dinner ( to get internet) and I saw her again when she came back to the front desk. She told me " You are braver than me...I will not be staying here. I am paying for the room as I cannot get a refund but I found another hotel ( while using the internet at the fast food restaurant) an hour away and we are hitting the road. Good Luck!"

THE STAFF IS VERY HARD WORKING. I felt so sorry for them. I left my housekeeper a $5 tip. The place was booked solid while I was there and there was a lot to do. The back rooms were occupied by some construction workers who slept days and worked nights. There were lots of trucks with equipment out there.

Bottom line...take a look at how many posts the other commentors have made to think about their post and their experience with travel. This hotel needs a long weekend with a weed wacker, pressure washer, some paint and a bunch of trash bags.

If you are looking for a cheap place with a bed, pool and breakfast then this will be fine. The pool was clean.

Please know that some travelers will like this place and that is fine too. I am just warning those of you that travel often to stay away. The manager does not understand customer service nor Choice property loyalty.

Read my other posts to see that I rarely make such a negative description of a hotel. Read the other reviews and I am pretty sure the manager will make a comment about mine. Just know that I have warned you!

Room Tip: Close you eyes until you get inside your room and then you will probably be fine!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank motherjanegoose
I am sorry your stay with us was not what you had hoped. We do strive to offer our guests the best customer service so their stay is a pleasant one-I would like to apologize on behalf of our entire staff and we do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Regards lena
Dallas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here because of TA reviews and the price. Our room was very clean. Had no problems. Must warn you, though, the place is a bit difficult to get to if your coming off I30. It is dated and while the room was clean, the place is definitely due for an overhaul. I gathered by the stacked furniture some of the rooms were being renovated. They really need to get rid of the stacked furniture. It looks tacky. The lawn was mowed but more attention should be paid to the fence line, columns, and flower beds. Lots of weeds. The fence also needs repairing.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TitaAnn
lena g, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for your review and yes we are in the process of remodeling as the old girl is getting a facelift and we are trying to keep our very valued guests happy. We are pleased that you found your room clean and enjoyed the value at the same time. We look forward to your continued business and hope to see you soon. Regards lena
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had a pleasant stay at this location. We used our Choice Hotel points for the two nights we stayed. Nice facility, REALLY FRIENDLY STAFF! Everything was remodeled, nice tv, strong WIFI, pool nice and inviting. Breakfast was great and plenty. Bedding soft and comfortable. A/C was quiet and adequate.

Would gladly return to this Quality Inn!

Room Tip: We enjoyed a ground floor room near the pool. Did NOT hear any upstairs activity. Did not have any...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MailgirlFlorida
lena g, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you for your very nice review-one room at a time we are updating and remodeling. We appreciate that you noticed and we look forward to your next stay with us. Regards lena
South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I really liked this hotel. The staff was very friendly, the room was clean, and the breakfast had a nice variety. The only complaint is that the tub drained kind of slowly...but it didn't hinder anything. I like Quality Inn because its cheap and its clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yomofo92
lena g, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you and we are pleased you liked our hotel and look forward to your next stay. Regards lena
Corsicana, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Such a value, we will be back now that we have learned the joys of Lake Degray. Hardly a luxurious stop, but the employees could not be nicer. Helpful staff at check in, gave us lots of good local info. Manager is a joy, offered to hold over free breakfast if we were running late. Usually they are swooping you out of the room. Comfortable beds, smallish pillows though. Very functional with the mini fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker. Good internet connections, with free wi-fi. We will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Jan P
lena g, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you and we agree the lake area is beautiful and we are delighted that your stay with us was so pleasant. I read your review to the staff and they were so pleased because it means we got the done. Thank you again and we are looking forward to your next visit with us. Regards lena