“Great Location, Very Good Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Agoura Hills

Hampton Inn & Suites Agoura Hills
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Agoura Hills
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Location, Very Good Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

In the past I have traveled to this area for work and I have stayed at the Hyatt Westlake, The Homewood Suites and The Four Seasons. My favorite is The Four Seasons but I can't spend $300+ for a hotel Room I am barely in. First and foremost the hotel is really close to the 101, in fact if your room faces the highway don't expect to open your window (to loud), but the good news is that with the window closed the sound is minimal. The hotel itself is nice looking, externally and internally. The room was very clean as was the bathroom. The beds were comfortable and you have extensive list of TV channels to watch. Breakfast is free, nothing glamorous but it does the trick. I had an issue with the blow dryer and talked to the front desk and it was fixed prior to our return. The shower pressure at hotels is always an issue for me as I have long hair, it was not great here either. Overall very happy with our stay. Would definitely come back!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SioPerkins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I am updating my review of the Hampton Inn - Agoura Hills from several months ago. I have been staying at the hotel off-and-on again for the past month due to work commitments in the area, and although I previously stated my slight preference for the Homewood Suites located an exit down the 101 Freeway, I have to say that this Hampton Inn has become my favorite hotel in the area. I have stayed at about all of the hotels in the Calabasas - Thousand Oaks - Malibu - Ventura areas, and while there are many nice hotels located here, this hotel not only has the friendliest and most professional staff (special shout-outs to Gery for his customer service and for always finding a room for me, even when the hotel is sold-out; to Dana for her warm and out-going personality; to Krystyna for always being friendly, professional and accommodating; and to all of the night-time staff for everything from speedy check-ins to little things that make my stay more enjoyable, like fixing my TV when Direct TV "froze" and needed to be re-booted, to making sure that I had extra towels or enough quarters to do a load of laundry), but the rooms have always been spotless (thanks Housekeeping!). I have only had the breakfast twice, but both times there was a good selection to choose from. The hotel is always busy, but I have never felt like just another number while staying here. I think the Internet speed had improved since my original stay here last Fall, or maybe it just depends on your room location. I would recommend a room opposite the freeway side, as I have found it to be very quiet on that side of the hotel. Overall, even when the hotel is sold-out, which it often is, I have never experienced a noise problem or had a complaint of any kind. This is the way that a hotel should be run.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Amy S
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

From Dana at the front desk to Daniel in the breakfast room the customer service is awesome. Also, this is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed at and I have traveled all over the world. That must be due to Josephina, the head of the housecleaning team. We used to live close to the Agoura Hills area and still do business in Thousand Oaks, so it feels like coming home again. For this area it is the only hotel we would even consider. It is in a beautiful area with lots of shopping nearby or at least not too far down the freeway. The prices are good and the breakfast is satisfying. I like that there is a nice variety of fruit for breakfast as well as cereals and hot foods. Something for everyone. I give the Hampton in Agoura Hills, CA a thumbs up!

Room Tip: Book one of the studio suites. It is worth the extra money (not really that much extra) and it feel...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathleen N
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Off the beaten path we got this hotel for our wedding night. Great staff and really nice rooms with free breakfast. We had a top floor room away from the main part of the hotel. Even facing the street there was not much noise and we had a great night of rest. We had the room with the hot tub in it and what a score. It was right next to the bed so wake up and hop in the tub not a bad morning. Overall, everyone was very nice and helpful and will certainly be staying here again!

Room Tip: Check out the hot tub rooms!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We couldn't ask for a better hotel in this area . Ultra clean rooms with some of the most comfortable beds (pillows galore, soft comforters ) I've had anywhere. Great and friendly staff that addresses issues ( if there are any...doubtful) immediately. Located in a beautiful area with easy access to many scenic areas. Have been here many times and will again. Easy on the wallet as well.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Long Beach, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed one night in the King Suite. It was a very nice room with a spa tub. Everything in the room was clean and in working order. Very convenient to the 101 FWY, restaurants, gas stations etc. I was not able to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast, but did take a cup of coffee for the road. A quiet location which was perfect for our weekend night away.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Rooms were clean and a nice breakfast selection -- hotel is in good area of Agoura Hills overlooking the valley. Very convenient to restaurants and other stores. Staff were helpful and accommodating location specific restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

The Anza Hotel
The Anza Hotel
#1 of 3 in Calabasas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,131 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Agoura Hills? Share your experiences!