“Tasty meal but portion too small”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Rabbit Hole - CLOSED

The Rabbit Hole
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Valley Center, California
“Tasty meal but portion too small”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

A woodsy Alice-in-Wonderland-themed little den of a cafe with an emphasis on conscience, serving vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, preservative-free, organic, locally-sourced dishes. Relatively close to the freeway, it's in a tiny parking lot next to a big liquor store, so not an impressive location but once inside it's very cozy. The dishes are imaginative and delicious, made with good-for-you ingredients. Although it is not a particularly expensive restaurant, alas, they are a little stingy with portions, not quite adequate for the price. If my budget would allow it, I'd like to go back and taste everything on the menu, all in one sitting.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank itropicbird

Sacramento, California
“Pretty good!”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Ate here because we were staying near by and we're vegan, so it made perfect sense!

I had the fake Tuna and it was excellent. It was a little pricy for not having table service, but it's kind of a rich area, so what ever. I would eat here again for sure!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank mattleonardo
Westlake Village, California
“Cute Lunch Place”
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Only tried the grilled cheese and sweet potato combo, but it was very good. They also have many different kinds if tea which was nice. Cute atmosphere after Alice in Wonderland.

• Visited February 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Great Restaurant For Those Looking For A Healthy Meal”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

One of my favorite places to eat in Agoura Hills. If you are a Vegan, Vegetarian, have certain dietary restrictions, or are just looking for really good and healthy cuisine, this is the place for you! My personal favorites include the organic smoothies (esp. the Kale, Straw Banshee and French Toast Smoothies) and the Rabbit Hole Burger with Sweet Potato Fries. The soups and salads are also great. I can't think of anything that I have had at this café that wasn't delicious.

Visited November 2013
Newton, Massachusetts
“Absolutely Delicious!”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My husband and I went to the Rabbit Hole for breakfast on the first day of our vacation. We loved it so much, we went back for breakfast two more times, and once for dinner, before we had to fly home. I loved the "Scrambled Bits" with mix-ins (I had spinach and sundried tomatoes one day, eggplant the next, and spinach and artichokes for day 3). My husband loved the Hi-protein porridge and had it with various mix-ins all three mornings.

Dinner was equally amazing: we shared sweet potato fries with pesto mayo, I had the Royal Mac & Cheese Grand Duke, and my husband enjoyed the Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich.

The decor is adorable, I loved all the pictures. The staff went above and beyond to make sure we were happy with everything, and it is obvious they are dedicated to the health conscience aims of this unique cafe. My only request: please open up a Rabbit Hole in Massachusetts!

• Visited November 2013